It's a Hotel... Not a Safe Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before. I did a search and couldn't find anything so here it goes...

THE PROBLEM:

An attacking player comes into town, duels someone and then immediately goes to sleep in the hotel. He then waits for 10 minutes to pass, comes out and duels someone else and (you guessed it) goes back to sleep.
Wash, rinse, repeat

SOLUTION:

No player can stay in a the Hotel of a town they have dueled someone in for 1 hour.

Again, I apologize if this has been brought up before but after enduring nearly 3 days of dealing with attacks like this I thought it should be brought up.

Any other ideas / thoughts?

~Z~

DeletedUser

Talk to an adult about bullying.

No, they have to wait an hour to duel you again, if they are dueling you senselessly you probably have tons of money, so put in the bank and chill, most will stop attacking as they won't earn anymore cash from duelling you and it would be a waste of their energy. If they still keep attacked you, it's probably for xp or they have some sort of grudge against you lols i don't know, get some better weapons, clothes, dueling friends.

DeletedUser

I agree, though think it should be longer, like 24 hours. You just can't walk into town shoot up the mayor (or anyone else) and walk into a hotel and expect everyone else to just wait outside.

It gets sillier when you take the fact that once in the hotel they can shoot someone and go right back to bed before you can respond. That posse would knock down that door and strink you up faster than you can say Yippie-kiyae-etc...

DeletedUser

you must have had some good money on you if he were to do that every 10 min?

try to use the bank.

and i cant really see the problem, if you want to you can do the same thing as he did.

DeletedUser2708

Can you take a joke?

Talk to an adult about bullying.

No, they have to wait an hour to duel you again

I think you totally missed his point -- he's not saying he gets dueled that often, but that everyone in his town is getting dueled in rapid succession by the same guy.

So please don't treat him like a crybaby, you big bully.... :p

DeletedUser

I think you totally missed his point -- he's not saying he gets dueled that often, but that everyone in his town is getting dueled in rapid succession by the same guy.

So please don't treat him like a crybaby, you big bully.... :p
lol i was joking the whole time, my bad if I misread lol

DeletedUser

If not even a free hotel, what's the point of being an adventurer?

DeletedUser

Why not just have something set so you cant go in and out of a hotel repeatedly within 1 hour ?

If a dueller would wait each hour to duel you then sleep for an hour, I think it's a compliment that you're not as sad as the one duelling :D

DeletedUser

they should make it so people can't go to sleep if there currently being dueled

DeletedUser

how so? it costs us 12 energy to duel them we should get something for it other than a stupid person is asleep right now and well protected msg

DeletedUser

But gabranth, then you would have the REAL grudge people scheduling Duels after naps, so people are stuck with no energy. And they could trade off- that person would NEVER get to sleep again.....

DeletedUser

back to the point please.

2 ways to do this.

1. if you cant sleep in a town for 6 hours if you duel someone from that town within the last 6 hours.
(hey it will make duellers think and plan they attacks.)

2. the dueller can sleep in town for a minimum of 3 hours (locked). while in that town after attacking they towns folk they can attack the dueller while you sleeps. if he dies then he returns to his town zeroed.

DeletedUser

I bet you still want that hotel to be a safe haven for you though? If you want it to be realistic, then hotels SHOULD recover health and motivation but NOT protect you from duelling.

DeletedUser

Maybe change the untouchability in hotel to increased energy costs, like after you arrive and the person is in hotel, you can assault the hotel, but it will cost you additional energy because you need to break the door open. The higher the hotel lvl, the more energy you need. As in TW when you are attacking at night hours. It's possible, but you will have higher causalties.

DeletedUser

I guess this is the weekly 'castrate duellers' idea dressed up as game improvement. My favourite time of the week!

Smallmindedness dressed up as reasonableness is just too easy to shoot down. BANG!"

You know what is the really unfair thing about duelling? The lameness and self-deluding, disingenuity of the arguments against it. It's just too easy to defeat these arguments. The fact that the people whose ideas have been so thoroughly dissected and found to be hollow still can't actually see what is wrong with them is just part of the fun.

DeletedUser

I like some of the ideas here and would like this thread to be constructive. It's clear some people don't quite understand the problem. This is not a hadicap dueler thread, quite the opposite. The issue here is that people can duel your town members, while they themselves can never be attacked because by queing up sleep immidiately after a duel, when you go to attack them you are told they are well protected in your own hotel... This means duellers cannot defend their own town members which is an obvious exploit and a way to circumvent a major part of the game. It is something that needs to be addressed in some fasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.