It's a Hotel... Not a Safe Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

lol =) i'm and adventurer and i use this tactic ^^
enemy's are pissing off because of this ^^ and i like that =)
So let's make it this way:

When attacker A duels someone at town X every hotel to a distance D will get a bonus for renting a room. The distance will be dependent on a bounty. This will diminish through time (few bucks per some time). This will not apply for home town of attacker A. If he does 2 duels at once, then this bonus is applied 2 times, because he is wanted more and the distance D will increase. As you can see D is a function of bounty. This is logical, because he has a "bounty" on his head. This way he can still duel whole town, but he can not sleep at nearby hotels, because he needs to be filthy rich. Still he can run to a town where he's not wanted, the bounty is not as high or to his home town.

This is following the concept of this game and I think it makes sense and feeling of being in the wild west.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You say it's logical but how did this bounty get on his head without anyone paying for it?
There is a bounties proposal that you might want to have a look at.

DeletedUser

This is a "bounty", not a bounty. There is no need to be a payment for his head, just that he's wanted by the law of that city ... Maybe later it can be transformed into real bounty, but that wasn't my original intention. This was only about logic in the idea of paying more for protection if you are pursued by the law.

DeletedUser

but you said it WAS a bounty, you didn't say it was a "bounty" and i'm buggered if i can tell the difference.

DeletedUser

I read the entire thread, and here's what I think:
If a dueler (or soldier, or even worker) does this (duel, sleep 1.5 hours to replenish energy, duel again), after 24 hours and 15 duels his motivation is down to 65% and he is out of $150. For an adventurer is the same, less the cash hit. He cannot do this for too long.
Protection while sleeping works both ways. Send your builders to sleep at the same time; send the adventurers (and duelers, $10 is not so much) to sleep in his town. Wait and see who blinks first.
I'm a worker and an adventurer (in different worlds). I don't like when someone sleeps in my hotel, waiting to duel me, but I can also sleep. I carry no money, so he gets only experience, and after a while he gets out of range.
If a whole town comes over and knocks me out before I can go to sleep, I'm protected for 48 hours.

I learned the rules of the game, and play by them. There is no need to make dueling harder.

DeletedUser

Seems that way, obviously the ignoble are drawn towards that class.

DeletedUser

By a "bounty" I meant something comparable to it but not exactly the same thing. There is no money for anyone in it, just a higher room renting for dueller to a certain distance from his crimes.

DeletedUser

but you still want hotels to be unrealistic safe-havens for townsfolk right?

DeletedUser

But its what every worker in the game is trying to do.
Because in this case it's unfair, unrealistic and overpowered? Yes you can send your duelers to his town, but what do the others get from it? Camping at each other's town is giving the non-duelers much of fun believe me. They love to sleep all the day and being helplessly robbed of their money. Without any option to be protected. Untouchable duelers? No thanks. They just sit there, without any honor. Yes because there is no honor in hiding in a hotel and showing what a great dueler you are when no one can attack you and only you pick your targets. What are your statistics there for then? For nothing, because they are not showing your real dueling skills, just what you got through flaws in game.

And to "Making dueling harder than it already is" I would say. Try to come up with something good for duelers, that will not kill the fun of others from the game and still keeps it balanced.

DeletedUser

but you still want hotels to be unrealistic safe-havens for townsfolk right?
But we don't know that you are going to attack us, we need to go away from our home to do anything, we can't just sit at hotel like you to do our job. We don't get any message that "Hey dude, run to a nearby hotel quick, because Ulthor is after you and will come to your town in xyz mins!". We only see the result of duel. And my solution makes it safe-haven for you too, but makes it more realistic.

DeletedUser

well i agree that it would be good if you could see that a duel was imminent-most people do. if you wanna make a vote on this you may well get support.

As to needing to go away from your home to do anything........yes i think we know that....and you want it to be totally safe to do so? You think that would improve the game?

You are under a big misapprehension if you think duellers just sit in hotels all day. I'll bet good money that they spend more time exposed to the danger of robbery, than other player classes. I've been robbed twice in the last 2 days. It's no biggie. The reason is that duellers need to travel more. They also need to work because duelling is not very financially rewarding. I duel as much as i can but probably make 3 times as much money working as duelling.... and spend ten times as much time doing it. that's just how it is. people seem to think duellers just fly about in space ships zapping everyone with super powerful lazers at will. Do yourself a favour...if you think duelling is so easy, try being one on another world. but do me a favour and don't moan as much as you do here because that would be very undueller-like.

DeletedUser

Ok, coming from an adventurer, I agree with Ulthor. Duelling isn't as easy for the duellers as ya'll think it is. Especially if the workers keep their money in the bank, buy good weapons and clothes, and place skill points on duelling every now and then.
A dueller who duels all the time will most definately have low motivation. Therefore, they don't do this if it can be avoided. They have to work regular jobs also, if for no other reason than they quests.
As to them staying in my hotel? Don't really care. I know that my duellers will get back at him eventually, or I can just go to his town, and take it from his workers. Either way works for me. It's all part of the game.

DeletedUser

You are putting words into my mouth.

Nobody was talking about safe working, just about unfair attacks from our own hotel and that there is a flaw in game when dueler can camp at enemy's hotel (even for free when you are an adventurer) and they are untouchable. This must be fixed. I posted my idea, that's all. You were actually acting like you are defending that flaw like it's a balanced and good thing.

If you don't like your earnings from duels, then make a suggestion for fixing it. I'll support you if it'll not be unfair.

DeletedUser

0 sec window for hitting said camper is a tad unfair.

Queue duel; queue hotel.
Stay in hotel until you can duel same opponent again,
queue duel and hotel, cancel hotel, allow the duel to play out, wait another hour whilst asleep....

This is an obvious abuse of mechanics.

DeletedUser

do people actually do that though?
don't forget that you or your town members are perfectly at liberty to do the same thing and that is how it goes.
My town is constantly being attacked by a high up dueller who always wins.
It's our decision whether to retaliate or not, then we make the weaker members of that town suffer to bring pressure to bear on the errant dueller. That's diplomacy. It's a fun part of the game's strategy.

DeletedUser

do people actually do that though?
don't forget that you or your town members are perfectly at liberty to do the same thing and that is how it goes.
My town is constantly being attacked by a high up dueller who always wins.
It's our decision whether to retaliate or not, then we make the weaker members of that town suffer to bring pressure to bear on the errant dueller. That's diplomacy. It's a fun part of the game's strategy.
:) so when someone is able to cheat, should I? Do you see? It's not a question that if someone is able to do the same thing, but if it's good for the game as such.

DeletedUser

That's the problem with all this anti-duelling nonsense, the emotive language. It's not cheating, it's intelligent play.

DeletedUser

That was a good one :D. You absolutely need IQ of 200 to plan such a complicated attack. Duel/sleep/duel/sleep/duel/sleep :D. Only the masters of the west can do it :D. And I was only pointing out that when someone is using multiaccounts, then should multiaccount too to be able to compete? Not that this is actualy cheating, it's only flaw in the game.

DeletedUser

I'm against multi-accounts and totally for catching them. I've actually aided the catching of a couple of multis because they were combining in duelling. it's one of the best ways to flush the buggers out:)

Status
Not open for further replies.