More/Different Quests

DeletedUser

WAT!!!

Thats lame....
they could have jsut removed the Overpowered tactics upgrade.

DeletedUser5046

i like the dueling quest...but i hope it could be done again and again on different levels...

DeletedUser

Im not too fond of the dueling quest for the fact you have to KO. win X amount of duels maybe but i dont see Adventurers or builders KOing anyone

DeletedUser1105

Could an adventurer not KO another adventurer or a worker?

there is nothing to stop them doing so.

DeletedUser

not everyone will be able to do every type of quest but that's ok.

DeletedUser

But to have a variety of quests would help spice up the game. I do agree with this idea and like the way it is developing.

DeletedUser

It's a great idea and should not be a marginal part of the game. For me it should be every parameter at every level. Start at get one item, then 2,3,4,5,6 right up to get all. You have to complete the previous level to go onto the next one. At the extreme end it should be impossible for a given player to complete all missions, then we have a dynamic game and lose the burden of 'fin de jeux' ennui setting in.

Diggo11

Diggo, I don't know what the rewards would be. I'm assuming they would be relevent to the quest. That's not important, I don't think.

A lot of the quests now are not really worth the hassle of doing, yet most people do them anyway.

Yes, the quest has gone from 4 to 40. It's designed to be relatively simple at first and more difficult/time consuming later. Isn't that the best way for a quest line to be?

These quests are just examples anyway, I was assuming people could come up with better ones.
Some current quests aren't worth the hassle I agree, but why make the problem worse? And you've got to think of the rewards - a quest is pointless (from an ingame prospective) if you get nothing valuable to show for it.

And what I was saying before was you don't have HUGE gaps in the quest line. Your proposed quest would go from about level 10 to level 40 or 4 regions to 40!

Anyway I thought about this briefly and came up with a simple solution: separate the quest lines. Like maybe John wants you to hunt criminals in 4 and 10 regions. 10 levels later Waupee could want you to deliver messages to other Indian tribes in 15 and 20 regions. Another 15 levels later Maya and Henry could want you to search for exotic products in 30 and all 40 regions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1105

Anyway I thought about this briefly and came up with a simple solution: separate the quest lines. Like maybe John wants you to hunt criminals in 4 and 10 regions. 10 levels later Waupee could want you to deliver messages to other Indian tribes in 15 and 20 regions. Another 15 levels later Maya and Henry could want you to search for exotic products in 30 and all 40 regions.

That's fine with me. I'm not too fussed how they are implemented. I still don't see why they can't all be given at the same time. If you can't do the next quest just yet then you can leave it until you can, but like I said, it's getting them implemented that's important.

As for the rewards: I'm not saying the rewards should not be suitable. They should be. What I am saying is they are not important to this discussion. The developers can figure out what they deem suitable as a reward. I don't know about you, but I do the quests out of having something to do, rather than the sometimes painfully small reward.

DeletedUser

Something that's been kicking around in the back of my mind is a 'Working for a Living' quest that's designed to give new players an idea of how the different character classes play out. I'm thinking it would be given at level 7 or 8:

Henry - "Hey [insert player name], you're doing pretty good for a greenhorn. You know, soon you'll get a chance to decide your path in life, so I think you should talk to the others to get an idea of what you want to do. I'd start by talking to Maya - she's led an adventurous life."

Task 1. Talk to Maya and see what she has to say.

Maya - "Well, it's true I've had to turn my hand to a lot of different things. It's not been easy being a woman on her own, you know! You've got to be flexible."

Task 2. Do 4 different jobs in a row. Reward: 1 skill point in Riding

Complete task 1 by returning to Henry. Reward $20.

Task 3. Talk to Waupee and see what he has to say.

Waupee - "Did I ever tell you I was in the army? That's right, I was a scout."

Task 4. Find a feather, a turkey, a fish and guard the fort for 2 hours. Reward: 1 skill point in Tactics

Complete Task 3 by returning to Henry. Reward $40.

Task 5. Talk to John and see what he has to say.

John - "Well, you know they made me sheriff because I'm pretty good with a gun and can handle myself in a fight. How about you?"

Task 6. Win 2 NPC duels - one by fist fighting, one by shooting. Reward: 1 skill point in Aim.

Complete Task 5 by returning to Henry. Reward $60.

Henry - "So, what have you learned from the others? Maya has led the life of an adventuress, Waupee has been a soldier and John a dueler. Me, I've always been what I am - a worker."

Task 7: Log 4 hours of building in a town. Reward: 1 skill point in Construction

(Yup, another sneaky way of getting greenhorns into a town!)

"So, you've had a taste of the different ways of working for a living. Now all you've got to do is decide what you want to do yourself!"

DeletedUser

tht cud tie in with my idea on a different thread which is o9nce you have choosen your class you get diferent quests from the other ones whoch means it allows you to do quests with the skills you have

DeletedUser1105

I really like those suggestions Sammie. Having a quest to 'taste' the life of each class would be a nice addition.

Maybe have it so that you cannot choose a class until you complete all of the class tasters?

I'm not sure about the town construction one though, for two reasons:

1) People should not have to join a town and
2) If I was a town founder I'd be very annoyed at low level people building out of the treasury for 4 hours just to complete a quest.

DeletedUser

maybe building railway tracks instead say

Maya: all this dancing is making me thirsty say (insert name) couldn't you go fetch me 2 glasses if water?

reward $30

DeletedUser

Umm. The problem is that the idea of the quest is to give a taster of the sort of thing each class (theoretically) does. Laying railroad tracks, even though the skill set is a close match to constructing a town, is a job. Besides, it's Henry who gives that job as I reckon he's the worker.

Basically, I was thinking that adventurers go out and do jobs, duelists fight duels, workers construct towns, and soldiers also do jobs, but a different sort to the adventurer. I was also trying to construct a back story about these characters in the saloon!

I like the idea of not being able to choose a class until you've completed the quest.

Getting back to town construction, maybe it's a job that can be found in the 'Founding' Ghost towns if you're not otherwise in a town?

Henry says "I hear they're needing construction workers in [insert name of closest 'Founding' ghost town']. Why don't you go and try it out?" and clicking on accept quest sets you walking to the nearest of the 4 founding towns. I guess there had better be a monetary award from that quest as well as the +1 Construction.