Some of my work :)

• Thread starter The Sexy Assassin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Looks much better now :)

Love the colours in the lady gaga.

Do you want me to properly critique or do you just like general comments?

DeletedUser13020

That middle is chaotic. The render itself looks way busy. Id like the lady gaga one more if it wasnt for the girl in the middle that id like to shoot at because i hate her. and no, bad, bad arrows. what are you doing, you dont belong there. man, there are some arrows that keep sneakin onto your sigs idk if you noticed them lol. I do like the florescent colors though.

DeletedUser

Yes damn them arrows :D and cant say I like her much either just wanted something more colourful to work with xD

GuitaristTag.png

DeletedUser

What I have to point out is that almost ll of them lack flow...
Lol, u use the same font over and over and over again, mix it up! Get some new fonts!
Do you use any gradient maps? B/c it really doesn't look like you do, the renders almost look like they've just been stuck into a background. Also, if u do use them, use them properly =\

DeletedUser

What I have to point out is that almost ll of them lack flow...
Lol, u use the same font over and over and over again, mix it up! Get some new fonts!
Do you use any gradient maps? B/c it really doesn't look like you do, the renders almost look like they've just been stuck into a background. Also, if u do use them, use them properly =\

Abstractcopy.png

My responce to that. lol

DeletedUser

Is it just me or if you look to the very right to that abstract one does it look like a naked womens ass?

DeletedUser

Darkcopy.png

YallGotPwnedcopy.png

^Request

IDchallengecopy-2.png

Have another but not posting till the comp its for is finished xD

DeletedUser

I love the text on the last one, though I'm not sure it goes with the signatures. The colour scheme on the second is quite good although the render is somewhat pixelated and doesn't seem to flow with the background.

Again, I think you need to work on your typography skills (Apart from the last one) and telling me the text isn't the focal point doesn't cut it ;)

With the first piece I believe the eye is being drawn to a pointless part of the sig and perhaps a splash of colour (the blue blends in somewhat) would fix that.

DeletedUser

I didn't choose the render for the second one, was given that render to work with lol

Might be taking text out of first one, the text was just annoying me on it xD

Thanks for the CnC

DeletedUser

some advice would be that it's probably the colour that's making it not look so great.

Here is what I'd do:
color-wheel.gif

Take a look at this colour wheel. I'd say the majority of colour leans towards browny pink. Therefore on this chart I'd say it was between primary red and red purple (not perfect but this is the best chart I could find to fit on the forum).

There are a number of options you could choose from. You could go at right angle left from that colour. Orange. I believe this would look effective, but you'd have to be very careful of the shade. A light maroony orange would look fantastic. To make this colour pop you'd need to add an interesting shadow. An idea I had was to put lots of different colour (but still ccoordinating ofc) triangles behind and give them a slight (0.2?) gaussian blur + take the visibility down.

Another take on this would be to go directly opposite the two colours. Green. I'd explain more but I am at work.

What I'm basically trying to illustrate is that you don't need to rely on yourself solely when choosing font colour choices. I used to play about with colours a lot (I still do! I usually paint 10% transparent colours on top of a swatch until I am happy) until I started learning colour theory. It isn't the end of all choice but I believe it helps give a foundation.

Excuse the lack of hex codes - I'm at work without a graphics program. Haven't used one for a while!

I think ensuring your text is readable yet still stays in the background is an effective strategy and once mastered completes the piece you're doing; be it a signature or web design.

DeletedUser13020

I like the anime one. If you could of worked the render into the background a bit. The flashy pink colors and the text look nice together. I like bright anime type of sigs :D

DeletedUser

geee... O_O... i still lack te power of smudgy T_T

Look up some smudging tutorials on deviantart :) its all about getting the right settings for it.

Not working on that anime one anymore, already got my PPs for it on TW and he seemed to be happy with it, choose it out of the 4/5 others. Im not a huge anime fan tbh lol