Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 12 4.6%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 14 5.4%

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser17952

I agree, he imposed "elements" in a different fashion and his sig should definitely not be disincluded. I'm not a naysayer in this regard. My comment was only in regards to the presentation of this voting poll, which did not reiterate the competition's parameters and therefore many voters, especially those being pulled in from the game's front page and have not participated in any other part of this process, would not know what, specifically, they should be voting about.

please name me one element?

First of all, i mentioned that the photoshop programm is just too complicated, not that i don't know how to use it or that i don't even know what it is. If you want to know about my art&design skills just pm me, i would gladly answer you. So, please don't state things which groundless just float in the air. Thank you :)

i can only say: hahahahahahah! look bud i work in photoshop almost 2 years, your sig i nothing more than a picture designed in paint, you took wallpaper, made renders of two people and add text? and woooooow this is sig? please learn some base rules how to make a sig, and the best of all is that if you win, it will not be fair couse your sig is dont stick with theme "The elements" so please someone disinclude this sig from this contest!!! tnx

Last edited by a moderator:

One Armed Ninja

Habek, Darkfox used the "elment" of surprise, which is perfectally acceptable - or Gem wouldn't have included it in here, like some of those that were obvious rip-offs of others' works.

@Whoever Voted for me thanks :)
I know I have a friend <3

DeletedUser17952

look at #10 and 11, these are some fine signatures:)

element of surprise? which natural element is that??? something new?

DeletedUser

The theme was elements not natural elements ;) how you interpret it is up to the sig maker.

DeletedUser17952

lol!!! You know what? i regret now for participating in this "contest", so please Gem, remove my sig i dont want to participate anymore, my sig is #28, pls remove it, and good luck to everyone in this unfair contest!
bye

DeletedUser

It's plain amazing how the work of Roalstad was just put aside, any meaning on that? I really loved that signature and I was torn between voting it and a few others...

But how amazing this community is doesn't stop here...! My previous post gets ignored for 2 pages and someone changes the subject (rather quickly, shall I add) so I obviously get ignored. Enjoy your signatures, at least you could of have given a reasoning or told me to bugger off.

DeletedUser

lol!!! You know what? i regret now for participating in this "contest", so please Gem, remove my sig i dont want to participate anymore, my sig is #28, pls remove it, and good luck to everyone in this unfair contest!
bye

huh element of ownage

DeletedUser

The signatures here have to...

• Be made specifically for this competition
  • Stick very closely with the theme of the month
  • Be high quality, or have a very interesting concept/ idea
  • Be within this forum's signature rules.

This months theme: "The elements"

Well Darkfox kept within this month sig contest. The elements does not refere solely to natural elements. If this was a science forum and this contest was made, then chemical elements would every science-geek have thought of.

And if we look at Gem 3rd point
"Be high quality, or have a very interesting concept/ idea"

Then this sig hit spot on. When I saw Darkfox sig, then I just thought. That ******* nailed it good. I have used a lot of time in my own sig (18, which I think was way better then most due to combining the-west and natual elements in it). But when Darkfox posted his sig, I knew it would be voted for a top place.

Pure rip-off banner was posted in the thread and people complained about those. They got removed. If anyone had a problem with Darkfox's banner, they could have put forward their voiced at that time.

Darkfox you *******! All I have to say to you:tongue2g:

And thanks to all who voted on me and who will vote on me in the future

DeletedUser17952

yeaaaaaah right, youre his friend of course you would say that...
and this contest is such a unfair crap omg i cant believe, please remove my sig from this contest as soon as possible!!!
the most ******ed sig will win :S

i wont post anything here, it's my last post, i just want to be removed from this! tnx and bye

DeletedUser13020

But how amazing this community is doesn't stop here...! My previous post gets ignored for 2 pages and someone changes the subject (rather quickly, shall I add) so I obviously get ignored. Enjoy your signatures, at least you could of have given a reasoning or told me to bugger off.

Some sigs were removed from the competition for what can be called as stealing other peoples work according to Gem's discretion. Which I think she did a good job with that.

lol I thought number 21 would catch a few votes because it's unique. I didn't think it would be winning, especially by those numbers. Good work though, because as far as a this theme of "The Elemnents" is concerned, the first thing I thought of was the chemical elements lol.

DeletedUser

The concept of what she calls stolen is pretty broken then. By how much I gather she perceives 'stealing', then, say #21 is stolen too because the characters or the forest were not made by the poster.
Really freaking unfair competition, may I add.

DeletedUser

Some sigs were removed from the competition for what can be called as stealing other peoples work according to Gem's discretion. Which I think she did a good job with that.

lol I thought number 21 would catch a few votes because it's unique. I didn't think it would be winning, especially by those numbers. Good work though, because as far as a this theme of "The Elemnents" is concerned, the first thing I thought of was the chemical elements lol.

TP your forgeting this isn't a proper GFX forum ;D people don't go on technical ability and what in my mind is actually good, they vote for sigs with no effort in...

Next time im going MS Paint and freakin drawing something... Would get the same amounts of votes :D

DeletedUser

i can only say: hahahahahahah! look bud i work in photoshop almost 2 years
Hmm, I've been working with Photoshop for over 15 years, but you don't see me ripping everyone's artwork apart like it's some sort of dirty little secret known only to the Shop' elite. Get over yourself.

DeletedUser

TP your forgeting this isn't a proper GFX forum ;D people don't go on technical ability and what in my mind is actually good, they vote for sigs with no effort in...

Next time im going MS Paint and freakin drawing something... Would get the same amounts of votes :D

That's funny. I do draw my own work, and was thinking that next time I'd just make a background and paste someone else's picture in the middle of it and be on par with the majority here. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

DeletedUser

What i'm seeing are a few sore losers, who also happen to be poor sportsmen. TSA and Habek, this is a contest for fun, get over yourselves. Nobody is getting paid to participate in this, nobody is getting rich off it, and it's truly unlikely you'll be able to use a "sig" as a selling piece in a gfx portfolio. Just have fun, enjoy the camaraderie, and learn from the creative juices and ideas posed by others.

Block420, Gem removed blatant, verified, copied work. Most of the sigs presented had elements of other people's work, but when it is taken "as is" and presented "as mine," it's an unacceptable entry. That was the case with some of the entries, and thus the reason some of the entries were not included. It's not an attack on the individuals who presented those entries, just a standard imposed by general consensus and enforced by Gem.

DeletedUser

I know mines not going to win, I dont want it too, I want Vendetti or one of the ones which have work put into them t win, you could say im being a sore loser for them :D

DeletedUser

I hope you aren't including me in your group of sore losers, I don't even vote for myself so I hardly expect other people to vote for mine. I just get tired of hearing that it's harder to make something based on someone else's work than it is to make it completely from scratch.

For what it's worth, I voted for 25.

DeletedUser

oi, Art, definitely not. Your comments in this thread have been courteous and respectful.

TSA, I get the impression some of us are forgetting there are people behind these posts. Insulting people's artwork/writing is bad form. I have seen piss poor manners in both the gfx contests held thusfar and it needs to stop now.

DeletedUser17952

The concept of what she calls stolen is pretty broken then. By how much I gather she perceives 'stealing', then, say #21 is stolen too because the characters or the forest were not made by the poster.
Really freaking unfair competition, may I add.

youre the best bud! you understand how i feel!:)