Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser

Being able to set a default flight or fight response sounds good .
However , I think giving people the chance to run is why there is no warning now .
Maybe the warning should be determined by how far You are from a hotel .
If Your 5 minutes from a hotel You get 2.5 minutes warning .

DeletedUser

I think Prudhomme's main point was missed in everyone's hurry to prove how evolved they are.

Intentionally targeting weaker non-combatants so you can steal from them and intentionally avoiding fair fights with the community defenders is COWARDLY in real life and even more so in a game where you aren't actually hurt when you loose the fair fight.

I know SURVIVORS lie. And bandits ROB... just don't try to cloak it in the language of honor. It is not a DUEL. It is a stabbing or a drive-by.

If you have LOST the ability to understand that a DUEL was to reduce damage to other people's property (the opposite of theft) and bystanders' well being (the opposite of manslaughter). If you are willing to use the language of honor to dress up the deeds of cowardice... then all your pretensions about modern standards of equality ring pretty hollow.

DeletedUser

It's been well established that a "duel" in this game is nothing closely resembling a Duel .
It is a unfortunate choice of the German development team . I believe 'attack' would have been a much better choice . Or for accuracy they could use , rob , waylay , mug , accost or burglarize . I have gotten so I substitute 'Attack' with 'Duel" when discussing the game .

DeletedUser

I have said on more than a few occasions on here duelers need to be renamed as Robbers or Bandits to take the confusion out of what they do and hopefully put to bed the how unfair argument (not that that is ever going to happen )

DeletedUser

You will never put it to bed because a lot of people here just can't get over the fact that it isn't runescape.
If someone uses a lot of words like 'honour, righteousness, evil, cowardice' etc you know 2 things about them. First they are American and second they like sword and sorcery games. Nothing wrong in either of those two things. Nothing wrong with me not wanting to play a game like that either.

DeletedUser

My last response

This is my last foray into this forum, so help me. Ulthor, old son, we've sparred many times, and believe it or not I respect your intellect. But you have a tendency to deal with an opposing argument with ad hominem attacks on the person who makes it, trying to make yourself look superior.
In your last post, wrong on one serious point. I dont like sword and sorcery games and I have never once played Runescape. This was intended to be in the spirit of academic exchange of ideas. SOmewhere that got lost in the counterbattery that went on. Well, no more. I salute you, noble adversary, and I leave you in posession of the field.

DeletedUser

Yeah come back prudey....big hug!!!!!

That's like giving in to the forces of evil.

Although we disagree, I'm glad you are here. I certainly don't 'hate' anyone on here. I mildly dislike Dork assassin but that's it. Everyone else is really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why Ulthor.....

Why Ulthor, I didnt know you cared. Its not a matter of giving in, its more a matter of giving up. I do thank you though, for a valuable lesson learned today. One, I must think an idea through more completely before I think about bringing it to this forum, and two, I must not be as thin skinned in the future as I have been in the past. Ad hominem attacks are only effective if they're allowed to be, and that means being distracted from the point sub judice, which is that this is after all a game, with no right or wrong way to play it. There must be two opposing factions...you and I just happen to be on opposite sides. So, that being said, I return to my seat on the sideline, scouring the arena for that hotdog vendor.........

DeletedUser

That's easy to do to you, sd, lol ;) (jk)

Seriously, though, I don't have a prob with how the duelling is right now. Haven't had any problems at all.

DeletedUser

Whats the point in being a Soldier if you can't protect anyone but yourself?..that makes classes redundant in their titled meanings.

If anyone is going to be attacked a person should always HAVE to go through the soldier regardless, that is basically the soldiers task.

Makes being part of a town more of a need for people, yes I am encouraging people to hide behind the bigger person, but Workers aren't exactly fighters now are they?..

If you constantly get into a duel with the same person, I suggest that you go very far away from that person, if you're not part of a town then this will be easy for you.
Overall, if you're part of a town and you're attacked, get the local Soldier/dueller to duel the person who just attacked you.

DeletedUser

Although prudey and I can be verbose at times, I feel that the erudition of the verbosity never strays into the prolix. Any fool knows that.

DeletedUser

Holding his sides and wiping the tear from his eyes Hawk resists the temptation to spoil Ulthors masterful humor by lamely typing "lol"

DeletedUser

Careful the monkey does not approve :nowink: and he's watching :unsure:

DeletedUser1105

reminds me of family guy.

You don't get the credit you deserve on this forum organs.

That would be because Evil Monkey IS from family guy.

This place would be a darker place without your presence.