W12 Alliances

DeletedUser

Same crap different day!!!Because you have forts you will have alliances with the towns from your fort which I have no problem with.If you think there won't be some form of verbal alliance I'll tell you your dreaming because even I will use those to my advantage as far friends from many worlds go.I do not want many alliances I like it better when my town has 2-4 dependable towns to kick it with.
truth is that people will take any advantage offered, this is the mark of competition.

DeletedUser

wow

And thank you for missing the point completely. You can post all you want about not wanting alliances but THEY WILL HAPPEN. Got it? Oh wait. I pointed out the grotesquely obvious again. What is your point again?

From reading Infinity's Post, Its pretty clear that he was asking people to post
their solutions to the alliance problems as apposed to simply stating why they form or what you don't like about them. It gets old just hearing the
same gripes.

IE; I am not saying this is the answer just giving you an example.

Maybe a voluntary group of people could form a panel of some sort, Some people that have been involved with leading alliances in previously or town leaders that have earned the respect of other players could help police the situation.

I know that If I was not reading the game forum there would be no way for me to know that their are so many against it in this world. If I started forming a large alliance and I was approached by a group of people that I have respect for I would be willing to hear them out. Being made aware of the dislike for large alliances on said world, I am sure I would rethink my stance.

I am not saying this is the answer, It is just an example of the kind of answer I think Infinity was looking for.

Post your Ideas for solutions to the alliance problems. we are all aware of why they form and what we do not like about them.;)

DeletedUser

I have seen big alliances break up before in games and this is usually how. Usually giant alliances appear, they may have started small and grown, or whatever. But usually they have quite a few fighters, but even more gatherers and builders. What tends to happen is smaller groups come along that are all geared towards fighting. They then come in and start picking away at the bigger alliance. They will single out small groups and pound on them until that group breaks away because the alliance didn't give the protection they needed. They will even do massive harm to those that were intended to protect the alliance and eventually the knowledge that the 500-1000 person group cannot stop 20-50 will cause the people of the alliance to start bickering and eventually break apart as groups try to go off on their own because they think they can protect themselves better by doing their own thing.

This happens when the big alliance is not properly lead. If the big alliance has strong leadership and can effectively counter the way they are being attacked it doesn't happen. However, most of the time these large alliances do not have strong leadership. They are usually led by the guy that started the alliance (maybe he had skill at gathering the horde, but not at actually leading them or delegating to those with actual skill at leading) or they are led by a core group of incompetents that took over over time (often times they are well meaning and the only ones that want to do the job, they are not the problem really, the problem is that no one of proper skill was ever recruited or groomed into their position) or they are led by a disparate group that all believe that they are right and that they should be in charge (this usually is the case in alliances formed by mergers etc, the previous leader of each group wants to be in charge and they can never get a strong central leader, this is also the group most likely to break apart). You need strong leaders who can delegate responsibility and learn from the problems that you are suffering from. You need someone who supports his fighters as much as possible while keeping his workers happy.

Anyways, like I have said, large alliances can be dealt with. They can be destroyed.

DeletedUser

Fort club is going to own so no points even trying to start one lol :p

DeletedUser23149

I hope it turns out like world 11, I like how there's not really alot of HUGE alliances in that world.
:cool: But world 11 is nearly DEAD !
I ´m member of the Elk Mountain Group, that is one of the most succsessfull Fortfighter - Alliances on the german server! At W11 are about 70000 players listed, but only about 20 -25 000 are better than Lvl 2 !!! None better than Lvl 90 !!!
Compared with the german Worlds ,where in average we have 45 - 50000 players in each world we have on each world between 1000 and 2000 players who are lower than Lvl 10 or inaktiv! But on every world we have 2-3 big Alliances and a countless number of small one´s! Plus so - called Federations: that is a union of 2 or 3 Ally´s* !
It is my conclusion, that Ally´s are needed in this game in general and on this World 12 in special! Ally´s ROCKS !

*german abrivation for Alliance !:D Don´t knew if I can use it on this Server!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23149

Because it is impossible.
:cool: ??? Are u sure ???
In my signature u can see that on the .de - Server in W7 i´m in the O4A - Ally, and our "Big Boss" :D is a so - called `99 => he achieved Lvl 99 and Duellevel 102!
Do u wanna say on the international server it is impossible ?

I just looked into the Hall of Fame: Place 1-5 all O4A and all 99 ers

DeletedUser20647

World 11 started on the 21st of December 2009, that is why it is impossible.

DeletedUser

:cool: But world 11 is nearly DEAD !
I ´m member of the Elk Mountain Group, that is one of the most succsessfull Fortfighter - Alliances on the german server! At W11 are about 70000 players listed, but only about 20 -25 000 are better than Lvl 2 !!! None better than Lvl 90 !!!
Compared with the german Worlds ,where in average we have 45 - 50000 players in each world we have on each world between 1000 and 2000 players who are lower than Lvl 10 or inaktiv! But on every world we have 2-3 big Alliances and a countless number of small one´s! Plus so - called Federations: that is a union of 2 or 3 Ally´s* !
It is my conclusion, that Ally´s are needed in this game in general and on this World 12 in special! Ally´s ROCKS !

*german abrivation for Alliance !:D Don´t knew if I can use it on this Server!

I just checked the German worlds. An average of 15,000 players in every world, only W9 has 44,000 players. Where do you get your stats from? Still, it's obvious every other version of The West is better than the International. Every developed world has less than 9,000 players, some dropping to 5,000.

I am actually thinking if there is any point in joining any world besides W1, since all of the worlds are dieing extremely fast.

DeletedUser

This thread was meant for ppl to post which alliances are coming.. So please let's try to keep it on track.

DeletedUser16628

the next alliance will be the non-alliance alliance?We are not friends or enemies we just have a common goal?

DeletedUser

Sounds like the town of Ares is looking to stand up against the Shadow empire on world 12. I will be looking to join their town when I get a few more levels under my belt.

Maybe things will be different this time around if people join them!

DeletedUser

I wish that was the case but there is already towns with alliances listed in world 12 so that is out the door.

DeletedUser

Alliance are should be stopped now before they get to far out of control if there is not going to be alliance. Trade agreement between town yes good thing. Alliances no to much power then but if you don't have a spoken alliance people will have hushed ones. So D***ed if you do or if you don't

DeletedUser

Too early for Alliances. Go ahead, throw sticks and stones at each other.

DeletedUser

I'm creating an alliance where I attack anyone that's not me... Well I'd attack myself as well but I don't want the dueling loss.

Alliance / no alliance matters not everyone is a target.

DeletedUser16628

I love these letters anybody know these fools?This 1 that was received yesterday.

Howdy Billy

I am one of the founders of the Hombre towns in w11
You may have noticed we have a town next door to you.
I have 44 guys coming and we are all about the fight.

I would like to offer you the opportunity to become a hombre town right now. We normally take a town by force but with so many members and so little room this might be better for all.

The conditions to be Hombre are
1. One of our members becomes Co Founder
2. We set all diplomatic ties....we do not like being allies with every tom dick and harry. We stand alone as much as possible
3. the town name must contain Hombre
4. We set the dueling rules....there are non

Not too much? In return we will have many new members for you which means money which means shops etc

We are making this offer to a few towns but only accepting 1
Hope it is you

Please dont take this as a threat..I am just being upfront...We want to work with you. It is much better than not with us cause my guys dual everyone all the time

Mad Mexican

I just became highly motivated if I was not already.

DeletedUser

I love these letters anybody know these fools?This 1 that was received yesterday.

It is much better than not with us cause my guys dual everyone all the time

Sounds like a fun bunch of split personalities.

DeletedUser

Please welcome the best alliance - DVDA

Sometime ago in the year 1245, one man, David Ackerman, had a vision to create the best alliance on World 12 in a game called The West. Not sharing his vision, his trusty wife named Eve thought he was crazy and shot him in the face with a brittle bow. What Eve didn't know was that Adam left behind buried papers outlining what the greatest alliance would look like. I am glad to say I found those papers in my background and I am hear to spread the new gospel of the new world.

Alliance: DVDA

In case you are wondering, it is just a short way of saying "David A." It is our tribute to the man who founded the idea of the greatest alliance, David Ackerman

All you towns out there who want DVDA next to their name, please contact:

HOT MOOSE KNUCKLE
(type his name under Ranking tab in upper right of your screen..then send a message)

He knows all the ins and outs of DVDA.
Don't get caught up with the serious game nerds on here who don't have fun. Get with DVDA, and DVDA will get with you.;)