Wall of Shame

DeletedUser618

I am a builder in a 1 person town in W1, by choice. I get dueled. But when it gets obnoxious or obvious that I am easy exp and it's happening every day. I ask a few friends to pay the pest a visit. There are players that enjoy dueling and will gladly travel for some fresh kills. I do not give the attacker any warning or message to back off. I let my friends message him to say back off or you will be out of action every 48 hours for a bit.

I do not know why my 1 win does not scare them off in the first place.

DeletedUser

i have never won any duel so people atack me and win cause im a pure builder:indian::indian::indian::indian::indian::indian::indian::indian::p:p

im gonna win my first against whirly hell yeah

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

eeeee

man its worker against worker if ii would have been a dueler i wouldnt have atacked

DeletedUser

I have a lvl 33 builder in other world but they havent attacked me :)

win 1 lose 3

DeletedUser

Only people I send ranting and raving messages to are those that KO me for absolutely no reason (when they're not gaining any $, or even anything better than average xp).

Recently, their excuse has been "You have a fort weapon, you're a combatant in my book". FML

haha, when you get duelled and send someone a mail telling them to go kill temselves you have to wonder right hk47?

HK17 On 8/13/09 at 12:50 PM
Dueling pure workers makes you cool, right?

Go kill yourself, [jerk].

DeletedUser

HK17 On 8/13/09 at 12:50 PM
Dueling pure workers makes you cool, right?

Hahah! That is not exactly the best way to go about not getting attacked again. Denisero gains yet another person to back up her statement that generally duelers/ soldiers pick on certain people only if they send angry telegrams to the soldier/ dueler, thereby provoking further attacks.

DeletedUser

?????

today i got a telegram from josie whales

JosieWhales Today at 2:56 PM
Im about to rain fire on your town :) have a nice week.

DeletedUser

Timer has started for who will be the first mod to change that swearing and how long it will take

My bets on Denisero

DeletedUser

So she was raining more than intense fire upon poor Cacalolos? What did you do to provoke her this time mate?? :D

I am on board with the group of people that believe that there is always reasons for why someone attacks constantly or 'rains down fire'

DeletedUser

Well it seems my idea is a non-starter. Before we knock it on the head though, I would like to clarify a few things:
1. I am not a builder (check me in-game);
2. I am not whining;
3. I got this idea from seeing some builder townsfolk being targeted without provocation;

Also, can someone explain why you would receive abusive messages from a builder that you had attacked if it wasn't just a cheap shot? I have no problem with builders who are obviously duelling but I find it hard to believe that a builder would send abusive messages unless being picked on. If they are duelling and send abusive messages, then fine. I have no problem with that. It's the non-combatant builders that I was talking about.
If you have issues with abusive builders that like to duel then fine. I have no problem with that.
Just don't understand what people are up to by picking on builders when so many people think it is a no-no.

DeletedUser

Not bad. 5 mins.

Denisero is fast! :laugh:

I don't know either why people like to send abusive telegrams to other players. Maybe that usual internet behavior where you sit in your own place well hidden behind your computer and therefore feel invincible is in play here too? It's a well-known mechanism on any bigger place in cyberspace, that people think they can behave bigger and more abusive than they ever would be in real life. I'll bet there sit a lot of not very brave people in their real lives who try to compensate for this by behaving like jerks in cyberspace where they are not at any risk of being hurt by their own behavior.

In my two builder worlds when I get dueled I either put on my best dueling gear and go and duel back, sometimes I win and other times I lose and then I just let it be with that. Or if it's someone I know I can't beat I just ignore it and move on as nothing happened. I have had some good experiences with sending a humorous telegram to them if it's a repeat offense, I've even got some good personal friends in the game.

I've only had one bad experience with one who wasn't able to grasp my sense of humor. I then had a friend sent after him with his H sword, which caused that person to start to stalk me over in this world with sending an abusive telegram to me, but the Ignore function took care of that. So ::shrug::

In general, the Ignore function is there to be used, if you don't think some other player has anything constructive to add to the conversation then use it and you'll never hear from him/her again, ever.

Just don't understand what people are up to by picking on builders when so many people think it is a no-no.

There are just as many people who think that builders is a yes-yes. Some towns have it as their policy not to attack non-dueling players, but that's mostly to protect their own non-dueling players. What goes around comes around, so if your town's fighters go and attack other non-dueling players then expect that your own non-dueling players will be retaliated on. If a town where such policy is run well then people report these attacks and then the fighters go and retaliate on their behalf. In repeat offenses I'd say a telegram from the town diplomat to the founders of the town of the attacker should be sent to have things sorted out and if that ends in a deadlock a war can be declared. But some towns don't have any policies and they don't care, then declare a war and knock out everything that moves there. It's not that complicated I think.

DeletedUser

Because people are taking advantage of the worker avatar thinking it buys them a free pass. I have come across many ninja workers who actually pick fights. Not to mention all the benefits workers get. Like a ton of hp resistance and melee damage increases. Builders paid their dues back in the west and if they didn't, they got dueled just the same.

Lastly, I really don't come across many people who think dueling builders is a 'no-no'. This is a PvP game and everybody joins this game knowing that, the only ones who don't like it have probably never had a fighting character. As someone who has tried and plays each class, I realize dueling happens and even the best duelers lose sometimes. My dueler and a guy had a fight the other day, he had the exact set up to make me miss alot and him hit alot, he won, and we had a good laugh about it. Too bad more people aren't like him cause it was my first positive telegram, no gloating or whining that I dueled an adventurer.

DeletedUser

I personally think that there is a certain naivity on w9 regarding dueling workers.

In a few more months when more of them are wandering round with Hernandos sword, you won't feel so precious about them!

But on more on topic some workers really don't help themselves, while the ignore function is often your friend, I sometimes do like to argue out the moral philosophy involved when I get an abusive message... especially when I've only hit the worker involved because his town KO'd my builder out of the blue... :blink:

DeletedUser

I think people are too sensetive. Take me for example, I've been a pure builder up to level 50 or so, and reasonably high on the rankings exp page, and still it's hard for me to recall anything "abusive". Mostly just lower level duelers using me for easy exp(which is perfectly reasonable). And in the couple occasions where someone's dueling was getting a bit distruptive to my work schedule, a polite telegram took care of that(no, I don't mean the "LOL NOB YOU GOT NO LIFE STOP ATAKING ME OH NOES YOU SUCK" type of telegram).

DeletedUser

It doesn't even have to be an H sword, any builder who starts to re-spec after having maxed out his/her towns and forts are fearsome fighter with any sharp melee weapon of their level. I'd rather duel a fighter than one of those, they stand as brick walls, they can be very hard to beat.

So yes, the innocence and all the good principles will be lost as soon as that happens.

DeletedUser

If it's in the game, it's fair game imho
I've heard complaints about duelers being 'freeloaders' for stealing a builders money..
But, there ARE banks in the game, it's your own fault if you don't utilise this feature..
In one world I was a pure builder and forgot to bank my cash and was consistently dueled, and lost thousands of dollars. I had no-one to blame but myself.

You do what's good for your town or alliance.