Wall of Shame

DeletedUser

This isnt anything naive with regards to W9. There are plenty of players here who have a lot of experience on other worlds that regard attacking workers with the same disdain on the other worlds.

Theres a difference between a pure worker, and a worker class that spec'd to duel. Hernandos is great, but if you dont spec for it, its like giving my 18 month old a gun, and ammo, but not loading it (meaning strictly metaphorically people). Theres no chance in hell he'd ever get ammo in the gun to hurt anyone.

This thread isn't about cyber bullying-its more of an out of place generalization that someone used to explain why some fighters attack pure builders.

Thats no where near close. It happens, but fighters hit pure workers for easy xp/cash. No reason else. Occassionally hitting 1 worker not a big deal-but there are plenty of fighters in W9 that pretty much farm worker classes and never really duel another fighter.

I don't hold any respect for that sorta gameplay.

DeletedUser

Seriously-150 people that voted in a poll and you think thats a majority for W9???

Come on now, and if anything, that poll shows a majority agree with me. I never duel a worker unless there is a war or that worker is an active dueler.

Since Never cannot quite exclude the other 2 selections, its really 102-67. But still, this is a far cry from a majority of players on world 9, unless I misconstrue the 20,000 player total...

170 votes is not even 1% of the player-base, or even 10% of the players over level 30. Typical meaningless poll.

DeletedUser

Mmmhmmm. You see it how you want as is your right. The fact is that there is no game rule or mechanic that says you can't duel workers or makes it undesirable to do so. Plenty of players choose a worker class to hide they are duelers because it offers them some protection from random duels and those that are looking for an 'easy' target usually lose to those types of hiders.

Workers have high health, decent vigor and toughness. It doesn't take much to turn them into good duelers. My builders town went to war and I bought dueling gear and respecced 6 points into Aim and I think I lost 2 duels out of 40.

I don't agree with people just hitting workers all the time. If you choose dueler/soldier class then at least hit those that are in it for the dueling. If you do hit a worker then be prepared to take on the wrath of his town. Then again, if you are a worker, don't send abusive messages to someone that hit you once and moved on and don't come crying on the boards how dueling is unfair. Everybody makes their choices at level 10 and consequences come with that.

DeletedUser

And you see it how you like. ;)

I am a firm believer there are 3 types of lies in this world, lies, damned lies and statistics-as said by Mr. Twain himself.

But I didn't throw a poll out there as if it gave some sort of legitimacy to one side or another either. :D

I also agree with your majority of your post. I've hit workers that I know duel, but I make an effort to find that information out. At the same time though-I don't consider it fair game of duelers who run around and only hit workers. It seems this thread was diverted into some point that those workers deserved it.

DeletedUser

Because every post I've seen on this forum from a worker claiming someone is bullying them ends up being because a player hit that worker one time and then the worker sent repeated abusive messages to that player. So of course they went back and hit them again. There is no reason to send an abusive message to anybody, I don't care what class you are. There are children that play this game and it could be a 13 year old kid on the other end of your potty mouthed messages. If I hit someone and they sent me 5 hate filled messages about it I'd go back and duel them into the ground too.

The problem with these sorts of threads, as I stated before, is that anybody can come on here and claim someone is bullying them because they are a worker. The bully hasn't told his side of the story but is now a marked man. So unless there is a mechanism to get both sides of the story I don't see how a list like this could possibly be fair.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry marcothy I completely disagree, people say they don't duel workers, no one ever does, but in my experience, practice beats that theory into the dust.

We started a second town recently, workers only in it, now before we posted a single fighter there (me at the start of this week) the town was being hit daily, by all comers, including towns we were allied with who had a 'we don't duel workers policy'.:blink: I've got some guys here helping me flip the mortuary (just done it yay!) but in all seriousness, if no one duels workers, how come there were 60 plus attacks on this town?

Loads of people claim not to hit workers, and abhore the act, but do it.

As for the relative sample of that poll, its not great, but samples never include everyone, and I'd say that was a more honest representation then what is said in threads.

DeletedUser

Even if you want to dismiss the poll completely because it only represents a small portion of the players, it does represent a good portion of the players in w9 that visit the forums. Would not the players in w9 that visit the forums be posting in a thread such as this? Since the answer is yes then you can make the leap that most players in w9 that post on the forums voted in a way that does not rule out hitting workers.

To have a thread condemning those that do without both sides of the story in a forum where most players would hit a worker under certain circumstances seems hypocritical.

DeletedUser

There are children that play this game and it could be a 13 year old kid on the other end of your potty mouthed messages.

Off topic I know, but I find that most players who send "potty mouthed" messages are the 13 year olds themselves lol.

Even if you want to dismiss the poll completely because it only represents a small portion of the players, it does represent a good portion of the players in w9 that visit the forums. Would not the players in w9 that visit the forums be posting in a thread such as this? Since the answer is yes then you can make the leap that most players in w9 that post on the forums voted in a way that does not rule out hitting workers.

To have a thread condemning those that do without both sides of the story in a forum where most players would hit a worker under certain circumstances seems hypocritical.

That statement sums it up nicely. People might not agree with the poll, but let's face it, those that are active on the forums are the ones discussing this and any wall of shame (as the thread was started about) would only be seen by those people here discussing it and voting on hitting workers.
I'm planning on being a builder and I fully expect to get hit. I have it in my profile that that is what I plan to do. If I get farmed by someone I will tell my town councillors and if they can do something about it, fine, if not no worries. I bank regularly, so cash is not a problem (what little I have lol) and I can rest in a hotel for free to regen hp. Hey, if I lose a few hours work time no big deal. If I get farmed, yeah I will be annoyed, but I know that my town will bring retribution to those who do it, as it should be. Some wall of shame is not needed, end of.

(a bounty list though, I pay for someone to hit that person for me {similiar to a certain italian style gang game that I won't mention}, that might be good)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wildman-I never said most don't. There are plenty who do, and still plenty that don't. I'd say the odds are largely more 50/50 because its a "heated" discussion as far as what is okay and what isn't. If all did it, or all thought it was ok-it certainly wouldn't be a cause to post a poll of any sort, or a reason for a thread to hit those who do.

If you think one way or the other, you won't have a hard time to find someone who will agree with you.

Denisero, you aren't understanding my Mark Twain reference. Its not that its just a bad sampling, it is that answers overlap.

For example-I don't attack workers out of principal.

Exceptions:
I will hit workers in a war, just as I have hit a few SSF workers. Thats only so they feel the same deal that their fighters do on ours.

I also will hit a "dueling" builder in retaliation.

That makes me eligible to vote for 3 of the 4 possible answers. But I can only vote for 1. It's a faulty poll that has no basis to prove or disprove anything based on its structure. Fun-sure, meaningful - not entirely.

The only meaningful data you could construct from it shows that 102 people feel there needs to be a reason or justification to hit a worker even if some say there is never a reason, vs 67 people who feel they are fair game. Or breaking it down to 3 areas, yes, never and with reason.

You can divide all the different no's-but there are very few people in this game who play with an absolute anything.

Statistics are never an answer about anything-we can always make statistics look how we want to see them.

DeletedUser

im sorry in the 2 weeks iv been playing im hearing all this workers being atk, and from what i can make out is stop whining, the game is ABOUT the west and workers and frontier folk where hit all the time,

every body gets the class choice so you picked worker, people picked solider/dueler. and every body in the game wants a few extra $'s so get over it your gona get dueled, theirs no rule to state that you cant, if you choose to pump your stats in to building and not fighting prepared to be taken for your $

im not a dueler but i can under stand both sides
worker: frustration. working and getting your well earned gain stolen
solider/dueler: easy cash

but in the long run workers can respec,

so they get their own back

Last edited by a moderator: