Adventure's are now Builders ?

DeletedUser

Hi All,

I'm currently playing a soldier in world 11 and thought you might like to comment on this:

A certain town seems to think that Adventure's are classed like builders and should never be dueled. They have even threatened to report us to Admin for dueling there Adventure 3 times in 2 days by myself and 6 times in 3 days by another of my town's duelers.

Last message recieved was a polite threat that they are part of the FOM alliance in all 11 worlds and will get them to hit us in world 11.

Just to make it clear, this all started because their sole dueler/soldier decided to come hit our town and lost all his fights, so we in turn visited theirs.

As yet we haven't hit any of their builders even though they claim an Adventure is a Builder ... lol

Post away and let me know that you think like I do and that anything apart from a builder is fair game (builders become fair game when your towns builders are hit).

DeletedUser19861

I agree with you there, everyone is fair game with the exception of Builders (unless your town builders are hit, then they becom fair game 2).

DeletedUser

Anyone is fair game ...where does it state that builders are not to be attacked?.
I am a builder on 3 worlds and have been.and still am,attacked on a regular basis.As far as I am concerned this is par for the course,I expect it and do what I can to avoid having large bundles of cash sticking out of my pocket.IMO everyone should hit everyone else and let the best man win....Come to our town and be a real fighter...you can attack whoever you like there :)

DeletedUser

A certain town seems to think that Adventure's are classed like builders and should never be dueled. They have even threatened to report us to Admin for dueling there Adventure 3 times in 2 days by myself and 6 times in 3 days by another of my town's duelers.

How quaint. I thought we'd done away with all that nonsense. I don't agree with dueling the same workers (or soldiers for that matter) over and over again, but the whole workers-are-sacrosanct paradigm has shifted. If you can't defend your builders, they're fair game. This is supposed to be the wild West after all.

No, they can't report you. Well, they can, but nothing will be done about it. There's no rule against griefing and what you did isn't even griefing.

DeletedUser

You not what that is the most COWARDLY THREATThere is you know what I would say to the person who said that :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::p

DeletedUser19861

Anyone is fair game ...where does it state that builders are not to be attacked?.
I am a builder on 3 worlds and have been.and still am,attacked on a regular basis.As far as I am concerned this is par for the course,I expect it and do what I can to avoid having large bundles of cash sticking out of my pocket.IMO everyone should hit everyone else and let the best man win....Come to our town and be a real fighter...you can attack whoever you like there :)

I understand what you are saying, that is your town policy and I respect that, but each town has their own policy. I still think it is cowardly to duel builders coz they spend most of their attributes and skill point in Strength and Construction and this renders them defenseless.

DeletedUser

You make your choice and live with it mate...A good builder can shift the balance of power toward the fighters of his/her town by constructing the buildings quicker than other builders therefore allowing the fighters to have weapons and clothing that assists their build well before other towns.To delay the swift rise to power of these towns you attack the builders ensuring that the flow of construction is stopped/delayed....Seems like common sense to me.

DeletedUser

What about duelers? :ph34r:

Duelers shouldn't be dueled either, they are the weaker class...

good etiquette should be don't attack workers, adventurers, and duelers.

Also, any soldier in their work clothes shouldn't be attacked either.

Another thing, soldiers that are 2 levels or lower than another soldier shouldn't be attacked.

There should be a telegram sent to another player before dueling to meet at High Noon for a formal duel.

DeletedUser

If someone is doing a pure build then Adventurers are just as defenseless as builders, putting all their points into hiding, trapping, swimming, or trading. If this is the old west, how honorable is it to attack a denseless person? Would John Wayne or Roy Rodgers attack someone who was weaker than them just to gain experience or money? No only villains attack the weaker. If you want to be a villain then go ahead and attack weak players.

Also this will lead to adventurers rotating in and out of towns, just long enough to donate money, shop, etc. then leave to avoid getting dueled. Or they will avoid joining towns altogether.

DeletedUser

I understand what you are saying, that is your town policy and I respect that, but each town has their own policy. I still think it is cowardly to duel builders coz they spend most of their attributes and skill point in Strength and Construction and this renders them defenseless.

How did this go from 'defenseless' adventurers to once again the 'defenseless' builders?

I understand your views on the 'cowardly' dueler, but those are the risks you take in your character build, nobody should implement restrictions on the way anyone plays the game especially if you are within the rules of the game (or if you are part of a town that has some type of so called etiquette). Some just like to be the 'bad guy'!

This whole 'don't duel me because I am defenseless' is getting ridiculous. IMHBCO, everyone is fair game, no matter of class or build, male or female, weapon or no weapon! :ph34r:

DeletedUser

when people wine and threaten to report you about something dum like that you duel them some more

DeletedUser19861

Fine attack our builders and we retaliate by attacking your builders, as easy as that!

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Tunnel vision again!

Why do you think builders shouldn't be attacked?

You make it seem like if a dueller attacks a builder some terrible thing will become of it, which it wont :huh: Guess what happens when I visit a town of builders. Well... all their cash becomes my cash, their towns mortician stats get worse, lots of them get knocked out and I move onto the next town. The duellers don't care and the builders don't really care either, not that the duellers care about what the builders think.

DeletedUser

What about duelers? :ph34r:

Duelers shouldn't be dueled either, they are the weaker class...

good etiquette should be don't attack workers, adventurers, and duelers.

Also, any soldier in their work clothes shouldn't be attacked either.

Another thing, soldiers that are 2 levels or lower than another soldier shouldn't be attacked.

There should be a telegram sent to another player before dueling to meet at High Noon for a formal duel.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thats funny man. but as far as dueling builder goes i think that you should be able to duel them if you want. its just a game. im a builder on world 10 and i dont like it when im dueled but thats what is ment to happen in this game. Im going to be a dueler on world 11 and im not going to duel builder... well i might :ph34r:

DeletedUser

A good builder can shift the balance of power toward the fighters of his/her town by constructing the buildings quicker than other builders

Riiight, assuming your duelers are too lazy and/or stupid to go shopping.

DeletedUser

The whole do not duel Builders thing is a gentlemen's agreement between towns. I tend to agree with both sides of the coin, as a builder can easily later on change to be a very decent melee fighter. It is however irritating when you are a 100% pure builder with no defence and peope start dueling you constantly. But that is not the purpose of this thread.

I have been and Adventurer on World 8 and 10 and honestly you are treated like any other player. Why should you have protection from being dueled. In fact I start duels as an adventurer as I see that class as a jack of all trades.

What gets to me is that a town starts hitting our players and when we then go back and hit them a little harder than they hit us they cry wolf.