Adventure's are now Builders ?

DeletedUser

ok so to the topic of adventurer builders lol

the threat was useless, duuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh:cool:

however i do put some towns advens and soldiers in the builder class if and only if they are on their towns info as a designated builder. for example ; some towns in a new world may not have a builder yet, if they then post that so and so is a designated builder , irregardless of class i tend to treat them as so. *****this is rare thus far******

In a nutshell, every class can be rightfully dueled, uhhh its the game, some people are honorable and will play the game thusly, others aren't. :blink:

That guy will be a headache if you keep on him, the only question is , is your town stocked up on aspirin ???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi All,

I'm currently playing a soldier in world 11 and thought you might like to comment on this:

A certain town seems to think that Adventure's are classed like builders and should never be dueled. They have even threatened to report us to Admin for dueling there Adventure 3 times in 2 days by myself and 6 times in 3 days by another of my town's duelers.

Last message recieved was a polite threat that they are part of the FOM alliance in all 11 worlds and will get them to hit us in world 11.

Just to make it clear, this all started because their sole dueler/soldier decided to come hit our town and lost all his fights, so we in turn visited theirs.

As yet we haven't hit any of their builders even though they claim an Adventure is a Builder ... lol

Post away and let me know that you think like I do and that anything apart from a builder is fair game (builders become fair game when your towns builders are hit).

Adventurers are not builders unless stated on the welcome/splash page of the town.

FoM is not in all 11 worlds ... thank God.

Use the block feature and just block his telegrams .. so much easier that way.

Who is this adventurer and what town is he in?

DeletedUser

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: wouldn't that be something a forum attack :ph34r:

DeletedUser

a builder can easily later on change to be a very decent melee fighter.

Not really. They don't have any dueling advantages. The real reason so many builders respec as melee duelers is that it's they're only real option, unless they want to spend a lot of money respeccing all that strength.

DeletedUser

I just got a threat just because a hit a builder that was 5 levels higher then me and I got 60 experience. I dont get it if i can get that much xp. Why do they get mad. I was level 8 and he was 13. I just don't see the problem

DeletedUser

I just got a threat just because a hit a builder that was 5 levels higher then me and I got 60 experience. I dont get it if i can get that much xp. Why do they get mad. I was level 8 and he was 13. I just don't see the problem

the problem you present here is one of ethics and morals.... just like you would not (or should not ) pick on a mentally disabled person because they are weaker and can't defend there selfs..... you shouldn't pick on builders because they are mostly helpless and can't defend their selfs, it is really the same kind of offense in most experienced players minds AND IT IS TRUE!

pure builders ignore all dueling skills to advance their characters to the top levels of it. everyone knows this.

But i would bet if you keep picking on builders pretty soon just like picking on the mentally disabled a big brother will show up and pounce on you and your town.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO UNDERSTAND THIS PICK A WORLD TO START A PURE BUILDER WITH ---- ALL AP IN STRENGTH AND ALL SP IN CONSTRUCTION ----THEN JOIN A TOWN WITH A MORTICIAN---- YOU WILL SOON GET THE POINT

DeletedUser

It's not "just a game". Real people are playing here and you are doing these real people wrong by dueling them. It doesn't even matter which class you attack, if you win, you steal their earned money.

As the wiki of Imperion states about "farming":
"Make sure you have the proper mindset. Make no mistake--you are going to be profiting by screwing over the hard work of everyone around you. If this doesn't appeal to you, go another direction. "

So at least know you are screwing other people over. "it's just a game" is not an excuse to screw people over. If you duel, duel people that duel. To be honest I think the game mechanics are lacking in this area. Even though the game allows you to duel anyone, have some compassion.

DeletedUser

Morality and ethics have been heavily debated topics. It's a controversial topic. Most people will tell you it's just a game and it doesn't matter if workers (and adventurers in this case) get dueled. The select few will argue against it. If workers in your town are getting dueled and you're resorting to complaining and threats, then you suck at leading your town. Recruit duelers to protect your workers. Stop the whining.

DeletedUser

If workers in your town are getting dueled and you're resorting to complaining and threats, then you suck at leading your town. Recruit duelers to protect your workers. Stop the whining.

Thank you! When our builders get dueled they post in the forum, we go and retaliate. However, we have never and never will threaten a town not to attack our builders. It is way better when we just act.

I personally have no specified code of honor who to attack and who not to. Dueling is like work I need juicy targets that will not be able to deal much damage on me, so I can continue milking others. Soldiers and duelers don't carry a lot of cash on them, unless they are 'hunting', so it is common sense that hitting workers and builders is like scheduling jobs. I once got $297 from an adventurer in a single duel. Why shouldn't I be attacking them?

DeletedUser

The way I see it builders are fair game. I do choose not to duel them and to defend them as much as possible but that is just my choice.

DeletedUser19861

Going of topic here, the issue was that adventurers classified themselves as builders and did not want to be dueled.

DeletedUser

well, the only class have advance in duel is solider, so everyone is equal

DeletedUser

the problem you present here is one of ethics and morals.... just like you would not (or should not ) pick on a mentally disabled person because they are weaker and can't defend there selfs..... you shouldn't pick on builders because they are mostly helpless and can't defend their selfs, it is really the same kind of offense in most experienced players minds AND IT IS TRUE!

pure builders ignore all dueling skills to advance their characters to the top levels of it. everyone knows this.

But i would bet if you keep picking on builders pretty soon just like picking on the mentally disabled a big brother will show up and pounce on you and your town.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO UNDERSTAND THIS PICK A WORLD TO START A PURE BUILDER WITH ---- ALL AP IN STRENGTH AND ALL SP IN CONSTRUCTION ----THEN JOIN A TOWN WITH A MORTICIAN---- YOU WILL SOON GET THE POINT
Well i have done it and i have never thraeten anyone. Also their dueler tried to retaliate and I beat him. So if i need experinece then i will duel. I have only dueled one builder in this game and I think it is ok. Stop complaining. I have resolved it with the town but stop being so sensitive. My towns builders have been dueled and they just put it in the forum so stop complaining.:)

DeletedUser

w0lfy wasn't complaining he was answering the guys question as to why workers get upset. :)

DeletedUser

duellers

duellers get such a raw deal
people theres a weapon slot and this is the wild west
if you carry a weapon you can duel reguardless of class
if you dont carry a weapon ...well thats just too darn daft
everyone is fair game

DeletedUser

one job of the duelers is to protected the builders in there town if they cant then though luck

DeletedUser

There are soldiers with 0 dueling skills. It's not about the class it's about the build. If you don't have a duel build, you don't want to be dueled.

DeletedUser13388

That game is called TheWest or as we know it - The Wild West.All the duels are fair,no matter what.And if its supposed to follow the rules of the good old West,then there isnt more fair duel,than dueling a worker ;)

Regards.

DeletedUser17208

2 points:

1) Builders aren't inherently worse off than adventurers or duelers when it comes to dueling. It is only when they choose to put skills only in construction that they are at a disadvantage. For that matter a soldier could go pure construction. Would they then qualify for "builder protection"? Its a choice that the player makes and as such has to live with. Right now the only real game mechanic that they have for protection is a town-mate who can retaliate. However, if you choose to be defenseless, that is a calculated risk. It is entirely possible to build a town using your dueling specc'ed character. (it'll just take forever and cost a lot). No-one forced you to make your builder class character specc'ed as pure building.

2) On the flip side, I also have been a pure constructor and gotten hit. It's a bummer, but its part of the game. It really is only a problem when someone decides to duel you continuously with the duel, hotel,duel,hotel,duel,hotel sequence where they are only awake for 10 minutes. I used to think people were just whining about this problem until it happened to my town. You really have no way to retaliate to that tactic.