Announcement: Federation Partial NAP Policy

DeletedUser

We have decided to make this a public announcement as it potentially affects a very large number of towns.

The Executive Council of the Silversnake Federation has recently voted unanimously to implement a Federation-wide "Partial NAP" policy where all neutral towns are concerned. In essence, the non-dueling Workers and Adventurers of all neutral towns are completely off-limits to our duelers and soldiers. Only those of declared Federation Enemy towns are still valid targets.

Soldiers and Duelers of neutral towns may still be challenged.

"Non-dueling" has been defined as any Worker or Adventurer with a dueling level no more than 5 above their character level, e.g. 25/30 is classed as non-dueling, while 25/31+ is considered a dueling character and therefore a valid target even in a neutral town. In addition, a non-dueling character issuing a challenge of their own against any Federation member will automatically lose that protective status and be classed as a dueler.

As an extension of this policy, we will however also be exercising very little tolerance towards neutral towns attacking our own non-dueling workers and adventurers. These will be declared Federation Enemies and so no longer be protected by our general "Partial NAP" policy.

Likewise, towns sending duelers or soldiers to join a declared Federation Enemy town for the express purpose of attacking us under the flag of our Enemy, will in future themselves be declared a Federation Enemy. One day we will have our revenge - even if we have to wait until the day comes when someone is attacking your Fort, or perhaps defending their own against you. We can be very patient indeed, for that day will surely come!

Leaders of Top 100-ranked towns interested in alliance with the Silversnake Federation, whether in general or purely for future Fort control purposes, are welcome to contact me in-game. All such negotiations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

- Silverado Kid
President, Executive Council,
Silversnake Federation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the non-dueling Workers and Adventurers of all neutral towns are completely off-limits to our duelers and soldiers.

This seems like common sense. Did you really need a 7 hour meeting to reach this "conclusion"?

DeletedUser13020

Sure this sounds good. But unless you can enforce this new rule of yours then it is pretty meaningless. I can't say I know how you run your towns so it would be unfair of me to say that you are incapable of laying this law down. Will there be any consequences for the fighters in your towns who don't follow this partial-NAP of yours?

DeletedUser

I try to keep away from the boards because I don't really feel the need to fuel the fire that comes from it but TP's question caught my eye.

I'd like to know the response to that one as well. My towns were once in a NAP with the SSF, which was completely obliterated by them a few weeks back when Silverado led his troops to our towns to KO all our Non Fighters, then came back the next day to actually try their hands at our duelers.

Clearly they outnumber us, but quite honestly - we've held our own considering the disadvantage of obeying the NAP and not eating up every town we can bully into a name change.

Here's a quote from him from after I pointed out that his town members were constantly breaking the NAP several times daily (this is from before he sprung into War Mode):

Silverado Kid On 3/29/09 at 1:09 AM
Quite clearly it's time for a decision on the subject. Equally clearly, the NAP isn't working. It's easy enough to enforce for one Town, maybe even one or two satellites if those are controlled by close friends, but it's not workable for something like the Federation.

As a result of this conclusion, I am not even going to try to enforce it as it's more trouble than it's worth. This is a never-ending story and I have neither the time nor the inclination to deal with it.
So I wonder how long it's going to be before this exact same message is sent out to people complaining about this "Partial NAP" being broken.

DeletedUser

With all due respect to Daija and her poor attempt at anti-Federation propaganda, this is an entirely different situation to what we had with the Middleton NAP. This way we're not trying to name specific towns and force so many people (especially casual players) to remember all the intricate details of these - "allied to X, partial NAP with Y, full NAP with Z" etc. It would be a very, very long list.

This is why we have made it a general policy. Now we're simply saying, if that town is not on our list of declared Federation Enemies, don't touch their non-duelers. It's very straight forward, with little if any room for error or "accidents" (genuine or otherwise).

As for enforcement, there will of course be a period of "adjustment" required but my fellow Mayors and I are confident - if not to say, determined - that this policy can and will be enforced. Internally this has been made perfectly clear, in no uncertain terms.

And finally, to comment on Daija's sour-grapes accusation, the Federation has never felt the need to "bully" anyone into joining us. The benefits are obvious to all, and we have more than enough applicants to ever want or need anyone who is not 100% convinced that this is the best thing for themselves, whether individuals or as a town.

DeletedUser3543

Now this thread is more like it!!

Romelis would be proud of you guys, so keep it up!

DeletedUser

With all due respect to Daija and her poor attempt at anti-Federation propaganda, this is an entirely different situation to what we had with the Middleton NAP. This way we're not trying to name specific towns and force so many people (especially casual players) to remember all the intricate details of these - "allied to X, partial NAP with Y, full NAP with Z" etc. It would be a very, very long list.

This is why we have made it a general policy. Now we're simply saying, if that town is not on our list of declared Federation Enemies, don't touch their non-duelers. It's very straight forward, with little if any room for error or "accidents" (genuine or otherwise).

As for enforcement, there will of course be a period of "adjustment" required but my fellow Mayors and I are confident - if not to say, determined - that this policy can and will be enforced. Internally this has been made perfectly clear, in no uncertain terms.

And finally, to comment on Daija's sour-grapes accusation, the Federation has never felt the need to "bully" anyone into joining us. The benefits are obvious to all, and we have more than enough applicants to ever want or need anyone who is not 100% convinced that this is the best thing for themselves, whether individuals or as a town.

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this guy's self-inflated importance about himself and his "federation"?

DeletedUser3543

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this guy's self-inflated importance about himself and his "federation"?

In the immortal words of Harry Hill : "There's only one way to sort this out.......FIGHT!!!"

DeletedUser

In the immortal words of Harry Hill : "There's only one way to sort this out.......FIGHT!!!"

sorry...had to LOL that comment! harry Hill is the shizzle!

EDIT... PS. Silverado u didnt reply to my last post in your other recruitment thread? I was liking our ..conversations. :D

DeletedUser10480

How stupid do you think the public is?

You "recruit" towns by threatening them into joining your silly 'Federation' then if they don't join you attack all their builders.

You hide behind other jerks you appoint to be town founders to hide your dishonesty.

You're one of the worst representatives of this game for its reputation in the online game community.
=====================================

How about this? Your towns are now on notice that all of your founders and builders are now under attack who attack other town builders

That's YOUR notice.

DeletedUser

This thread is not about "part" (lol) alliances with "neutral" (lol) towns. This thread is just one more way of trying to get out of the bad reputation and position you are dealing with.

Better to post "We go neutral with all" and see if it works then "Omg! Noobs! Stop attacking us just because 9/10 of our fighters engage only workers! *cry*"

But please, Silverado Kid - keep crying. Your tears tastes so well. We are all bathing in your tears.

DeletedUser

LOL. Very funny guys. That tickled me enormously.

The "unbiased" (ahem) comments of our enemies aside, the policy stands and will be enforced.

No respite for our enemies of course, but I'm sure they never expected any anyway. ;)

DeletedUser

Does any one want to put some money on all the trolls that have crept out of their caves belonging to Middleton towns or their allies...? :D
It's got to be said that the SSF brutally declined any offer of cash when they invited me to shop in their towns.
And yes silverado why aren't you listed as leader in all the towns in your dictatorship...
Gonna have to quit posting a longer message as the reek of envy and bitterness (a sure sign there are trolls about) is turning my stomache slightly... ;)

DeletedUser

What complete and utter twaddle this guy talks. To quote my favourite movie "I fart in your general direction". Now run away before I taunt you some more....

DeletedUser

LOL, yet another from Galts Gulch! How many more can you roll out from there, I wonder?

I feel your pain, I really do, but we're each responsible for our own decisions. Live with yours - I'm perfectly happy with mine.

DeletedUser3543

Does any one want to put some money on all the trolls that have crept out of their caves belonging to Middleton towns or their allies...? :D
It's got to be said that the SSF brutally declined any offer of cash when they invited me to shop in their towns.
And yes silverado why aren't you listed as leader in all the towns in your dictatorship...
Gonna have to quit posting a longer message as the reek of envy and bitterness (a sure sign there are trolls about) is turning my stomache slightly... ;)

Not me.

I only joined Middleton after I read the OP's claim.

Looking forward to getting some serious XP off those guys though :)

DeletedUser

What complete and utter twaddle this guy talks. To quote my favourite movie "I fart in your general direction". Now run away before I taunt you some more....

Let me guess the movie's Beavis and Butthead coin in more cash from gulable idiots.. Got to be said it was one fo their better ones.. :D

DeletedUser

Ewww no, I do have something of a soft spot for B & B I admit, but this is a CLASS movie - Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I recommend it to everyone :)

Now where did I leave that Holy Hand Grenade....