Dueling needs some important changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What if there was an option in the saloon where you could put up funds from the town fund to pay duelers to protect your workers then when people come to the town and go to the saloon they can work the protection job and get a fraction of the money spent as an income. Then if someone from the town designated as a worker is dueled they replace them and take the risk of the duel. Thus it adds a suprise to the attacker and can protect the workers.

DeletedUser

similar idea has already been suggested, duke.

and i dont really like this idea. many players have started passing me in rankings because of my dueler build.

and construction workers whine all the time about how unfair dueling is, but honestly, its pretty god damn expensive. i gotta have the best gear possible, at all times. if you wanna whine, get yourself a good weapon, some dodging, and some tactics. just be a defensive player. you only got half the skills to put points toward that way, and you dont really need that many in construction.

DeletedUser

I think he's right about it,
you cant get attacked when you are a sleep,
but if you work you can get attacked?!
Thats weird

Ok, when do you think duellers should be able to attack you then? All most people do is sleep and work. If duellers cant get at you while youre working when can they get you?

Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. If you dont choose to be dueller/soldier then you accept the disadvantages of not being ablt to protect yourselves.

What you and others are suggesting here is that you want immunity from being attacked. You want te advantages without the disadvantages.
Duellers dont exactly have it easy, once they get to a certain level things really do just come to a halt.

DeletedUser

I dont think a notification is needed. Lets think about this in reality would you be allowed to go to the bank and store your belongings? No, a bandit would simply jump you and take your stuff it's part of the game. I think we should have a % chance to take items after a winning duel.

DeletedUser

Take the victims items? Nah thats unfair lol. Itd be great but unfair.

The notification thing is good and bad. But from a dueller perspective it would be a serious blow to us, and it will make money a lot harder to make money for duellers. Considering we chose to duel to make our money and not work, this would completely screw us over. You have jobs, we have duels. I know workers want to see their money safe but think this through properly yeah?

There has to be disadvantages to each class, and the risk of losing your money is one of them. If you want to be able to protect your money, choose to be a dueller.

DeletedUser

i really had enough of all this workers sayin its unfair to them when they get dueled on the job.
u are a worker so shut up and work! let dueler do thier jobs and stop whining.
always workers complainin. i seldom see duelers say its unfair cuz workers gets all the good jobs. ur advantages is working. dueler advantages dont even help in the duel itself. so if a worker put all ther stats in dueling they would be even with any other duelers (if u so wish) and still be better in jobs den a dueler.
if u get dueled n lose ur money cuz u too damm lazy to go to the bank too damm bad.

now u even wan to have a warning before u get dueled? juz stfu and hand over the money fool.

DeletedUser

i agree with the post above if you had a warning whats the first thing you would do if you could in time depoiste youre money and builders should have most if not al their money in the bank or treasury anyway so whats the big deal if youre bank is full and you have $500 on you then its youre fault for not investing enough in the town

DeletedUser

I'm too lazy to read past the first five posts when it becomes an argument. Games are not built so that someone can specialize in ONE skill, put all there points into construction, and still function properly. You are good at construction, but that doesn't make the duelers go away. Either build a damn big wall, or make a balanced character like those of us who don't complain about the 'game's' issues.

DeletedUser

actually those who focus on one attribute tend to be successful traders and setting traps. and builders

but i have a balanced character on world 1 and i tend not to moan with being duelled cause i do it to and its fun so just face it

DeletedUser

I'm a working dueler. Why? Because for every 3 duels I instigate I have to wait 24 hours for full motivation. So yeah, I can go into a town and duel 9 people in 90 minutes. That leaves me at 73% motivation and barely any energy. I have to wait 3 days before I'm back at full motivation. After all that, there is no guarantee that I will make any money, or a significant amount of money, for dueling those 9 people.

Usually duelers have to travel an hour or even more to find good targets. Workers can work relatively close to home. So now that I've got an hour travel time invested getting there, 90 minutes for duels, and an hour travel time back to deposit any money I may have made and to recoup my energy and health, I've got 3.5 hours into it.

Workers go into a job knowing approximately how much money they will be receiving at the end of their allotted work time. Duelers go in clueless. It's a crap shoot for us.

Those are some of the disadvantages to being a dueler. I don't see workers doing a job for 90 minutes, getting little or no pay out of it, and then having to wait 3 days for full motivation to do that same job again. Nor do workers usually do a job for 10 minutes and lose 200 health points.

As stated many times before in this thread and in several different ways, each character class has its advantages and its drawbacks. You pick and choose at level 10 which road to travel. I think the key is to having a well balanced character.

DeletedUser

bravo bravo..

clap at above post. we need this guy to tell all whining no good workers. cuz i aint got no patience for it

DeletedUser

yay someone with sence but all ill say to that is that i am a builder on world 5 in a fairly new town and when i do construction for say 1hour i only get 4xp or whatever and no money i would say that is the only draw back bu ither than that you are right in a sence that good targets are not always near by etc

DeletedUser5046

at first im really annoyed bein duelled...and always losing..but then ofcourse even irl...bandits wont ask you if you can be duelled or not...right...so i just let it pass and be grateful mah quest items are safe ^^

DeletedUser

...As stated many times before in this thread and in several different ways, each character class has its advantages and its drawbacks. You pick and choose at level 10 which road to travel. I think the key is to having a well balanced character.

This should be the canned answer to all of these threads!

DeletedUser

I think that if dueling was changed so that people could only challenge me if I could beat them and their pockets were full, it would be perfect!

DeletedUser

I'm a working dueler. Why? Because for every 3 duels I instigate I have to wait 24 hours for full motivation. So yeah, I can go into a town and duel 9 people in 90 minutes. That leaves me at 73% motivation and barely any energy. I have to wait 3 days before I'm back at full motivation. After all that, there is no guarantee that I will make any money, or a significant amount of money, for dueling those 9 people.

Usually duelers have to travel an hour or even more to find good targets. Workers can work relatively close to home. So now that I've got an hour travel time invested getting there, 90 minutes for duels, and an hour travel time back to deposit any money I may have made and to recoup my energy and health, I've got 3.5 hours into it.

Workers go into a job knowing approximately how much money they will be receiving at the end of their allotted work time. Duelers go in clueless. It's a crap shoot for us.

Those are some of the disadvantages to being a dueler. I don't see workers doing a job for 90 minutes, getting little or no pay out of it, and then having to wait 3 days for full motivation to do that same job again. Nor do workers usually do a job for 10 minutes and lose 200 health points.

As stated many times before in this thread and in several different ways, each character class has its advantages and its drawbacks. You pick and choose at level 10 which road to travel. I think the key is to having a well balanced character.

hey I lost 302 hp just now breakin horses and I'm healing in hotel (no i didnt pass out) and also a noob dueler can cheapshot and snipe....

Im not complaining but workers arent so 'glamorous' as you have pictured above...

Status
Not open for further replies.