Dueling needs some important changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i have also been i that oostion but i tend not to sleep due to hp

but my friend was trying to beat a noc and got knocked out lol

DeletedUser

hey I lost 302 hp just now breakin horses and I'm healing in hotel (no i didnt pass out) and also a noob dueler can cheapshot and snipe....

Im not complaining but workers arent so 'glamorous' as you have pictured above...

I never said workers were glamorous. I was pointing out disadvantages fighters have over workers. Of course each has their own advantages and disadvantages. That was the point of my post. The entire thread is full of workers whining about their disadvantages so I thought I'd share some fighting ones.

I have an adventurer on another world and haven't initiated any duels although I've been challenged a few times. It happens. I got over it. Just as I get over my fighter disadvantages.

Fighters (whether noob or not) can cheapshot and snipe? Sigh. Again, its a crap shoot for us. Any player can cheapshot and snipe. We all have weapons. If you choose not to use yours on players you can most likely beat in a duel thats your decision on how to play the game. I choose to use my weapon in one world and not use it in another.

DeletedUser

I think the warning is the most realistic option.
Becouse if you attack you need 10 minutes for duelling the other.
So if you are duelling you need to get a warning.

DeletedUser

Ok. I give in. Give them the 10 minute warning. Seems completely fair to me. I don't mind hitting the duel button, waiting 10m for the duel to start and another 10m for the actual duel, only to find 20m later that either they have no money at all or that they slipped into a hotel to sleep so the duel didn't really take place at all.

I only ask that if that's implemented then the following changes to dueling also occur:

I get to see how much money you have on hand before I decide to duel you. Yeah, I like that idea. If you get to read my mind then I want to see into your pocket.

If I win I get all your money and you get knocked out. After all, lots of people died in duels in the real west. So why not here.

If I win and you don't have any money I get to look through your backpack and take any item of my choice. Or any 3 items of my choice.

Come on fighters, I know you are out there. What sort of advantage would you like to see implemented? If people we are about to duel get an advantage over us I think we should have an advantage over them as well. Yeah, I really hope they put a warning system in now and adopt one of my suggestions. Oh wait, then there will just be another thread on how dueling needs to change because fighters take too much money, or get items out of a their backpack.

Maybe a product of doing a job should be tissue for the all crybabies?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Denisero is on to something here.

Let's talk about further advantages we want.

DeletedUser

if a dueler wins minus one appearance from them..

they juz got the crap beaten outta them i dont think theyll look too good..

DeletedUser

no no warning im a dueller say and i go to duel player A he is 5 minutes away from his town so he goes quickly to town A before i can get to him and he puts all his money in the bank and goes to sleep!!!!!

DeletedUser

This is why we duel

I went on a dueling spree tonight. Hit 8 targets. Broke down the information by how much xp, $ and damage taken I received. Here is the average for my 8 duels. Also, take note, as a Soldier I won't be back up to full motivation for 2 days. So yes, I took your money, and yes, I got a lot of xp out of it, but I can't really do it again for 2 more days. Also, I used 104 energy so it's not like I can jump into doing jobs until I've rested.

jobduelingvm5.jpg

DeletedUser

I'm a dueler and I don't complain about not being able to do some of the jobs workers can so I expect the workers not to whine the other direction.

I completely agree with this.

Also, I wish the originally poster of this thread was in my world... =D

DeletedUser

This thread is still going?

The ONLY way for duellers to get exp and money is by DUELLING. Duellers duel. Why do you want a warning? To make it even easier for you? Im a worker on one world and a dueller on the other. And workers have got it a lot easier. Apart from the attacks, but as I bank or DONATE (yes donate those of you who keep it on hand) all my money then I hardly ever losee any.

Its not as if us duellers set to pass you out, or do too much damage. How do you think duellers should earn their money then? Theres no other way.

Workers work.
Duellers duel.

Deal with it. Stop trying to tip the balance so much into your favour.

DeletedUser

there should be 2 different kinds of duelling...

1 dueling..
2 robbing..

with duelling your oponent gets an warning (because dulling was an agrement between two people..) and you take the monney (if it isn't already in the bank) and get a lot of exp.. say plus 10% (because the player had time to change his clothes etc..)

with robbing you get less exp but maybe more monney because the victem had no time to bring his monney to the bank.. also plus 10%

this gives the dueler some more varation.. and the builder and or other victems more protection if the dueler chooses number 1.. and if the dueler need monney he chooses 2 but het gets less xp..

I hope this is clear.. you can just ask if you need to know more about this..

what do you all think of this..

DeletedUser

there should be 2 different kinds of duelling...

1 dueling..
2 robbing..

with duelling your oponent gets an warning (because dulling was an agrement between two people..) and you take the monney (if it isn't already in the bank) and get a lot of exp.. (because the player had time to change his clothes etc..)

with robbing you get less exp but maybe more monney because the victem had no time to bring his monney to the bank..

this gives the dueler some more varation.. and the builder and or other victems more protection if the dueler chooses number 1.. and if the dueler need monney he chooses 2 but het gets less xp..

I hope this is clear.. you can just ask if you need to know more about this..

what do you all think of this..

This is a much better idea because it doesnt punish the duellers. The warning system and many other ideas about duelling are horribly one sided and only serve to harm duellers.

If we could all develop this idea more we could come up with somthing pretty decent.

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that those that chose the Dueler over Soldier or any other class already receive a bonus to the amount of money they win in a duel. You would have to take that into consideration because if a Dueler is already getting an extra 10% in winnings, its not really a hardship on him to opt for one or the other. He picks more money now he gets 20% extra. He picks more experience he still gets 10% extra plus more experience.

Overall, I do like the idea though.

DeletedUser

that's up to the atacker...

if he need monney he gets a 10% bonus to the monney. (20% in the case of a dueler..)

if he need exp he gets 10% bones to that...

so it stays balanced.. and the dueler gets his advantage's as normal.. to keep it fair.. and it also adds some tacktics to dueling because you should choose between more monney or exp..

ok this is the thing (i think;))

1 dueling
you can duel oponents in a hotel
warning for the oponent
+10% exp for the winner (attaking or defending)
monney worked out as normal..

2 robbing / ambush
you cant rob oponents in a hotel
+10% monney for the atacker (if the defending player wins het will not benefit from the +10% monney thingy..)
-5% for exp. because you have a easy job you only have to point your gun at the guy (or women of course) and he/she gives the money to you.. (attacker only if the defending player wins he gets exp as normal)

ok shoot at it and say wat you think...

DeletedUser

Quit yer whinin, Boy. That is the whole purpose of the game, and a "30 minute warning" really makes it more of a Raiders and Citys. I came here to play the west, nothing more.

DeletedUser

If the Dueler has premium then he already gets 20% more money from a won duel. I don't think bumping it up to 30%, even if he loses xp is really fair to Duelers without premium or any other class that will only see a 10% increase. Plus it will probably make more people choose Dueler over Soldier just for that.

Dueling is fine the way it is. If it isn't broke don't fix it and my fighting soldier ain't broke.

DeletedUser

I didn't say premium was unfair. I said it would be unfair for one class to be able to get 30% more money than any other. Dueling is fine! Leave it alone. Plus 30% of nothing is still nothing and plenty of fighters get nothing in cash when they duel.

Honestly, everyone is complaining about dueling and I don't know why. It's not as if we are robbing you blind. Everyone has a weapon and has the opportunity to put skill points into defense and offense just like everyone else. The game makes it painfully clear that dueling is a part of it. Just look at some of the early quests. There's plenty of dueling quests you have to complete early on. Don't blame fighters if we are tougher to beat than an NPC.

DeletedUser

this was not ment to make dueling more fair or something like that...
I mean I don't mind being dueled.. because I have a decent deff and not anny monney in my pocket...

but this makes dueling more interested I think because you can choose for the extra monney or the extra exp..

and I don't blame any one for being tougher than a NPC...

Status
Not open for further replies.