Federation of Marshals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Any examples? Towns that appeal for help and it is given without any expectation or promise of rewards? Are these towns already napped with all and sundry? Are they looking simply for protection under the 'no attack worker' clause? Any towns that keep their own ideals that are simply being overwhelmed by hostiles? I am curious.

Do tell me, truly.

DeletedUser

Cats Paw made alliances with about 5 small towns in our sector before we were part of FoM. These are very very small towns with like 4 to 6 people in them and we help protect them as best we can. When they tell us they are being attacked I contact the leaders of the town thats attacking and try to get them to stop. Most times they agree to leave the workers alone. If that doesn't work then Dusty and his deputies ride. But they do not attack the towns workers. And we have never asked for any rewards.

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with 1 person towns. All towns grow eventually if they don't give up. I think there's a couple of them in our sector also but we have never bothered them and they have never contacted us.

DeletedUser

Cats Paw made alliances with about 5 small towns in our sector before we were part of FoM. These are very very small towns with like 4 to 6 people in them and we help protect them as best we can. When they tell us they are being attacked I contact the leaders of the town thats attacking and try to get them to stop. Most times they agree to leave the workers alone. If that doesn't work then Dusty and his deputies ride. But they do not attack the towns workers. And we have never asked for any rewards.

Does your membership in FoM change the level of protection you provide?

DeletedUser

No, it never has and never will. But we also will not go to war against another FoM town either, even if asked to. We would try and talk the 2 sides into some sort of agreement that both sides could be happy with.

DeletedUser14280

What would be your reaction if you were called a 'toffee-nosed pothead', or something ruder, in game?

DeletedUser

That's simple .. I know where the Block player is located and how to use it. ;)

DeletedUser14280

Would you play a version of this game with the exact same design, but set in a different time period?
If so, which time period would you consider coolest/funniest/something else-ist?

DeletedUser

No I don't think I would. I always enjoyed studying the west and also the old battles but don't believe I'd start playing another one like this.

DeletedUser

Guess we did sort of get off topic. ;)

So, tell me. What about the topic do you want to talk about?

DeletedUser9891

Does FoM take action to protect non FoM towns?

Monmouth has, waaaay before FoM was a twinkle in our eye, and still does where possible.

Ideal is to negotiate first, but some people don't care to talk or think it will push buttons if they decide to fight... so then it's gloves off.

Roman Empire is a prime example... They were bullying a few towns and behaving extremely rudely.

Tried to talk, got told to take a hike so we pounded them for about 3 weeks and I got 8 people banned for multi-accounting.

My duel motivation was down to zero for a couple of weeks, and I got question emails from some of them saying "How come you only get 1xp for dueling me" :p.

A few people left as I asked our towns duelers to send a standard message to each person they KO'd to explain why it was happening, and when they realised their founders didn't care about them and they got fed up of being shot up they went somewhere new.

I even offered to help site them with towns I knew needed people that wanted to contribute and be part of a social community (not ours though, as it hardly seemed ethical to pew pew people and then ask them to join us :nowink:)

Got some positive feedback from people and they appreciated the explanation. Apparently the forums were very quiet, probably because 1/3 of the town was 1 or 2 players.

If the Leadership had given a rats behind about the people in the town they'd have finished early and had a good strong town still.

As it was they went from 21st ranked town to 171st now. There was a drop in 2 weeks from 21st to 60-something.

So yeah, we do what we can to help people out :)

DeletedUser9891

How many duels would you expect members of FoM get into?

Depends on the player and where they are. I think our squares and the one below where most LN towns are tend to be a lot more active in duels as there are a lot more targets.

I've been in about 4 "Wars" so far, hence the high number of duels.

I gave up on getting xp for duels at one point I had to fight so much to stop people coming to farm our builders, but I do have to say 0 motivation dueling can pay well and get you good kit.

DeletedUser

KK there's a few issues I have that are related to the way the mechanics work and the parameters you have set on your gamestyle.

If someone is a duelling class and claims to be an adventurer for instance but gets attacked and then bemoans it how do you deal with this?

Secondly if someone comes to you and says such and such a group have been farming our builders how do you know they aren't exploiting you and it's really true? seeing as it's mainly word of mouth.

Thirdly are you wary of criminal gangs who would use your umbrella protection to build up towns & forts for further criminal activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.