Fort Battles

DeletedUser13484

A great battle we only had 19 people online and we took a small fort (tumble)

40 fighters have attacked the Fort. 42 defenders defended.
28 attackers fell. 42 defenders fell.

DeletedUser

nicely done. was wondering how that all went. waiting for reports from some that showed from our town.

DeletedUser

Yeah about the fort battle Gaffey was talking about, I was in it. I was offline for the entire fight, but I got 500XP and still lived :laugh: I really wish that I could of seen the show.

One Armed Ninja

BATTLE FOR FORT

I'd like to point out that before this I only had 3 hits and 10 misses

Round 21 has began, the next round begins in 65 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at moderated and caused 237 damage!
Round 22 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at Blaze4Reiko and caused 212 damage!
Round 23 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at .theMrs. and caused 138 damage!
Round 24 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You have shot Green Hydra and he passed out!
Round 25 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You shot at Kalevika and caused 196 damage!
Round 26 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
Round 27 has began, the next round begins in 65 seconds.
You shot at .theMrs. and caused 200 damage!
Round 28 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You have advanced.
Round 29 has began, the next round begins in 64 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at Satep1 and caused 200 damage!
Round 30 has began, the next round begins in 63 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at Kalevika and caused 206 damage!
Round 31 has began, the next round begins in 63 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at ironhides and caused 122 damage!
Round 32 has began, the next round begins in 62 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at jkbattle and caused 230 damage!
Round 33 has began, the next round begins in 62 seconds.
You have advanced.
You shot at datsun100a and caused 232 damage!
Round 34 has began, the next round begins in 62 seconds.
l8dygaga shot at you, but missed.
You have advanced.
You shot at l8dygaga and caused 163 damage!
Round 35 has began, the next round begins in 61 seconds.
You have shot l8dygaga and he passed out!
Battle Over

People who can count, would you like to tell me how many hits in a row that is?

DeletedUser

Been a good few fort battles over the last week,
One question, what do the towers do?

Give a good firing range or better line of sight or what?

DeletedUser

They give you better bonuses to aiming and dodging, not as ingame skills, they just make you more likely to hit your opponent and also make him miss. More bonuses come if you are standing on your class' tower.

P.S. Your damage depends only on the weapon you wield.

DeletedUser

The towers

Towers give the highest protection. On each one of the towers the players receive a bonus of 2 points per construction level for their attack and dodging values. Each character class has it's own tower. Just the players positioned on the right towers receive the bonus. The bonus is always depending on an attribute. This is strength for the worker, mobility for the adventurers, dexterity for duelers and Charisma for soldiers. Players of other classes only get the towers base bonus.
In the first version towers always give a bonus of +6.

(from the west help ^_^)

One Armed Ninja

The towers

Towers give the highest protection. On each one of the towers the players receive a bonus of 2 points per construction level for their attack and dodging values. Each character class has it's own tower. Just the players positioned on the right towers receive the bonus. The bonus is always depending on an attribute. This is strength for the worker, mobility for the adventurers, dexterity for duelers and Charisma for soldiers. Players of other classes only get the towers base bonus.
In the first version towers always give a bonus of +6.

(from the west help ^_^)

When is our help ever right?

Once upon a time, I decided it would be a good idea to read the German help - as them being the Germans, are more likely to have a reliable help page. Compared to the load of garbage ours usually turn out to be.

Well, on this special day, I turned to the fort wars section and then exchange of fire - nothing different here. 'Till I clicked on "special sectors" (Or something like that). What Isaw there about towers I never ever forgot.

Roughly translated into English:
The towers
The best defense offer the towers. Each tower players granted an extra bonus of a character class, another character class only get the base bonus to defense and attacks. The extra bonus is the right character class for players on both the attack and added to the defense bonus.

Notice the lack of any reference to which I bolded in the quoted phrase at the start of the message. Seeing as the Germans often have better information than us (and programming the attrib -> tower fairly, may have been annoying) I think it's reasonable to say that the tower bonuses NEVER depend on attribute.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong
~One Armed Ninja

(Yay 1000th post)

DeletedUser

Lol my first fort battle :ph34r:

Left without a commander but it was fun , KO'd two people but then I died... at least I dont have to walk 9 hours back to my town :)

DeletedUser

Once upon a time, I decided it would be a good idea to read the German help - as them being the Germans, are more likely to have a reliable help page. Compared to the load of garbage ours usually turn out to be.

There is also a newspaper coming out monthly on the German server... is nonofficial but always with some insider information.

For those who can read German:

The West Times
http://tw.wusel.info/img/Zeitung_15.pdf

DeletedUser

I hope that it depends on an attribute.. or me pounding my soldier in W11 with charisma is for nothing.

DeletedUser20647

Why is this this thread dead? We have a lot of (big, fun) battles in w12! :)

DeletedUser

Fun? Fun to watch - definetly true.
2sided attack starts in small forts, 1sided attack starts in mid/big forts and empty walls but interior full def starts. :D

DeletedUser

I just find the multi attacking sad, its like they cant get a fort so they gotta attack 2 or more and try and split the enemies forces, you might say its just tactics, but then afterwards saying you were "better" than them... thats just sad lol

(in my opinion :unsure:)

DeletedUser20647

Was this really necessary? Yeah, the world was almost getting fun... we don't want that to happen, now do we!

263zok9.png

11j9mio.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I noticed too.

This is ridiculous. Just when fort battles were pleasurable... Oldskools Mrs has to go and screw it all up. :(

DeletedUser21091

No prob wasn't necessary l8dygaga, I was in a bad mood, and had Oldskoolturbo's money sitting in the treasury needing to be spent. Is not in my nature, but like I said, hormones took over probably, some of you shall understand some of you won't. Had had enough of being a blue dot, so fancied being a red dot for a change, and heck, needed to find Geoffery a new parent, what's a girl to do! And as for Jouais, you're a pure hider, you should be revelling in being able to be on the defense for a change :D

DeletedUser

No prob wasn't necessary l8dygaga, I was in a bad mood, and had Oldskoolturbo's money sitting in the treasury needing to be spent. Is not in my nature, but like I said, hormones took over probably, some of you shall understand some of you won't. Had had enough of being a blue dot, so fancied being a red dot for a change, and heck, needed to find Geoffery a new parent, what's a girl to do! And as for Jouais, you're a pure hider, you should be revelling in being able to be on the defense for a change :D

It has been quite a while since I've been defending :D Too bad as far as I can tell, the Hiding tops off at a relatively low amount of points. I'll be there anyway. ;)