July/August 2011 Contest: Design a Wanted Poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20688

title.jpg

Objective:
Design an authentic western wanted poster! I have supplied a PSD template and a PDF version (for those that may not have graphic applications with layering capability) of the basic layout (see JPG sample below). Use a combination of western fonts/typography, photographs, and/or illustrations to design an authentic wanted notice/poster. The details you incorporate are important too! So please feel free to spruce up the template or use different graphics.

Prizes:
First place: 200 Nuggets
Second place: 100 Nuggets
Third place: 50 Nuggets

Contest Criteria and Directions:
  • The dimension of your work must match those of the template provided: 600px X 720px.
  • You do not have to use the base artwork provided. It's only meant to be a visual aid/basis for the contest.
  • Any imagery used MUST be original or royalty-free. Using original photography or illustrations is highly recommended. Have fun! Take a picture of your buddy and make him a wanted fugitive! Any plagiarized material found in your design will automatically disqualify your entry (entries). Tineye.com and similar resources will be used when an entry is brought into question.
  • Do not use any celebrity image or persona as the subject of your work. Please, do not use a real person in conjunction with their real name as the subject of your poster either.
  • Your work must have your "signature" which must be your forum user name. Please make it plainly legible, but non-obtrusive.
  • We reserve the right to request PSD (or other layered formats from GIMP or Paint Shop Pro, etc.) files and/or source pictures as well if we believe your entry was not your own work.
  • The more authentic the better!

Entry Directions:
  • You are allowed to enter two posters.
  • You are allowed to edit and change your entries as much as you like (NOT IN NEW POSTS) until the cut-off period!
  • Post your entries for the contest to this thread. Please limit discussion of the entires to genuine critiques or commentary. Any posts such as "Futu's wanted poster is the bestest! It should be the winrar!" will be promptly deleted.

Timeframe & Deadline:
This contest beings as of the time of this posting. The deadline for entries is August 24th, 2011, 11:59 P.M. Forum Time.

Determination of Winners:
All images that meet the criteria of the contest and do not violate any of the directions will be placed in a voting thread with a poll open to the Forum for a popular vote. In the event of any ties, the Moderator Team will be called in to make a final ranking to determine the prize winners. The voting thread will be posted on August 25th, 2011. The timeframe for voting will be announced along with the publication of the voting thread.

To prevent a possible double winner, only one qualifying poster will be allowed into the voting process per user. Any participant that successfully creates two valid poster designs will receive a private message from me on August 25th inquiring which poster they intend to enter into the final popular voting poll. So, by that date, please have a solid idea which poster you would intend to enter.

Template sample:

poster.jpg

Link to PSD Template:Here
Link to PDF Template:Here

Good luck!

EDIT: The contest is now in the voting stage! Please go to the July/August 2011 Contest: Voting Thread and cast your vote.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24989

2a7xwjq.jpg

This is me as a wanted person!

DeletedUser

xm4jtz.jpg

Just a thing I decided to do. And as well the nuggets can go to my Briscoe soldier The Missus

DeletedUser

Ffionn you forgot to sign it and I am not sure if cownboy was an intentional typo, as in cow'n'boy, since there's a horse and a rider ... Just sayin'. I like the concept though.

DeletedUser26342

Hi, just so that I am clear, if my artwork isn't acceptable, can I get a clear answer as to why not? So I can make any required change.

Thanks!

QuickDrawl

DeletedUser

Hi, just so that I am clear, if my artwork isn't acceptable, can I get a clear answer as to why not? So I can make any required change.

Thanks!

QuickDrawl
If your artwork isn't acceptable, you will receive info from Orgo, who is running the contest and who is in the position to say which work isn't acceptable. He would probably also explain why and what changes need to be done. But don't worry. I think your entry is fine.

DeletedUser20688

Thanks!

QuickDrawl

Quickdrawl, as Elmyr pointed out, your work is fine. It's completely alright, if not encouraged, to modify or replace the base artwork provided.

DeletedUser31859

Can we post 2 posters? I see something like this in the instruction but my English is not at all good. SO i am not able to understand. Can we make two posters?

DeletedUser26342

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I got confused reading Elmyr's first reply, where I thought he told John my poster would not work/be acceptable.

DeletedUser31859

2quhtva.jpg

Here it goes. My first poster. Sorry if it is unclear but i looks good :)

DeletedUser

Thats my favorite one so far, nice work, i like the mixing of fonts and the pasted in symbols i also like that your signature did not take your eyes of the focal.

/facepalm

I was going to enter but my mac dumped the file i had been working on for about an hour *rage*

DeletedUser31859

Thats my favorite one so far, nice work, i like the mixing of fonts and the pasted in symbols i also like that your signature did not take your eyes of the focal.

that appreciation was for me or for Jack bendrule?

Status
Not open for further replies.