July/August 2011 Contest: Design a Wanted Poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I wish I had the time and energy to make a serious one, but I felt like I had to enter something. :p

Attachments

• Wanted.jpg
    Wanted.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 45

DeletedUser

Unforgiven 1 maybe you should check with Orgo. If that is supposed to be Eli Wallach then I think you might have to change it. It is a good likeness :)

DeletedUser20688

I agree with Larastar, Unforgiven1. Your drawing is excellent, but you cannot use a celebrity likeness in your work.

Simply consider another non-celebrity subject and render that person for your poster.

DeletedUser

I agree with Larastar, Unforgiven1. Your drawing is excellent, but you cannot use a celebrity likeness in your work.

Simply consider another non-celebrity subject and render that person for your poster.

Ok no worries remove me than from contest :)

DeletedUser

Unforgiven 1 maybe you should check with Orgo. If that is supposed to be Eli Wallach then I think you might have to change it. It is a good likeness :)

In that case remove me aswell, obviously was a rubbish likeness no one noticed :laugh::laugh::laugh:
c6054b66a595b504

Would have thought though if hand drawn it would be aloud, it's not like its copy right or anything.

DeletedUser20688

Just to reiterate:

• Any imagery used MUST be original or royalty-free. Using original photography or illustrations is highly recommended. Have fun! Take a picture of your buddy and make him a wanted fugitive!

Also:

• Do not use any celebrity image or persona as the subject of your work. Please, do not use a real person in conjunction with their real name as the subject of your poster either.

My advice here as a creative is simple: focus your passion on the process of what you do, not the end result. If the end result needs to change, then simply do what needs to be done. Don't be married to your end products and just refuse to budge or interpret your end product as a literal "end" to the process. That's not what creativity is really about. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1okoar.jpg

I designed the template from scratch (with help from a tutorial), and I did this a year ago or so as part of my newspaper "fail" attempt. I hope this isn't plagiarism.

DeletedUser20688

Would have thought though if hand drawn it would be aloud, it's not like its copy right or anything.

Sorry, but that image is indeed copyrighted. Basically speaking, United States copyright law is very simple: If an individual (or incorporated/legal entity) creates a tangible idea or product (a poem, a photograph, a drawing, a film, etc.) it is, by federal right, their intellectual property protected by federal law without notification beyond said law. When you sign your work and/or place a copyright statement, you essentially declare your awareness of those rights. If you wish, you can always register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office. When your work is registered, you simply have a more direct legal case against those that commit plagiarism against you.

In the creative industry, plagiarism is a crime worse than murder. Your reputation is forever ruined if you are ever discovered.

So, the solution is simple: Create your own work. Shoot your own photography. Draw/paint your own illustrations. Certainly you can use that image of Clint as an illustration inspiration for the pose, the props (clothes/guns,etc.), but you have to vary the image significantly. That's my point. Of course, flat out using the original work is unacceptable.

As we speak, there are still some entries here in this contest that are acts of plagiarism that have been feigned as original work. So, please take this seriously as any plagiarized work will be disqualified. I'm not just speaking to Billy here folks.

If you resourced your imagery from the Internet and didn't truly research the source of the image, the blunt fact is, most of time, you are committing plagiarism. If the creator gives you permission to use the image, then you are ok. Typically all that is required is simply asking for the right to use the image in question. The worst answer you'll get is no. In this day and age with the communication technologies at your disposal, you really have no excuses to not inquire if you just insist on using the work of others.

Besides all that, in the end the best solution is to use your own work.

DeletedUser

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/circuscharlie/clintsave2.jpg

So your telling me I am break U.S law ? wow tell the fed's :laugh::laugh::laugh: I would love to see them at my door I'll tell them to flip off !!!
My forefathers really messed up your country with laws :laugh::laugh::laugh: sue anyone for anything, so say I am studying any notes I copy going on your law would be breaking the law, is that right ? if it is your all doomed !!!

DeletedUser20688

You are missing the point. The right of the director of that film is who you are affecting, not the federal government. They wouldn't come after you, the original creator would have the right to do so.

DeletedUser

Just to clarify here: Copyright laws are international <click here>. Not every nation has signed up to respect them, but just about every, and thus you are open to suit. As well, by presentation in this community, you subject Innogames to a potential suit because they host this site and support this contest.

It is for these reasons you should respect the rules posed in this contest and stop trying to pull a fast one on Orgo. :)

<this is an unauthorized, unsolicited, non-Innogames statement posed by someone with a really friggin' huge ego and background in publication>

DeletedUser

You are missing the point. The right of the director of that film is who you are affecting, not the federal government. They wouldn't come after you, the original creator would have the right to do so.

Well if I win i'll offer them the 200 Nuggets :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(I DID ALREADY STATE REMOVE ME FROM THE COMPETITION FOR USING A FAMOUS PERSON).

DeletedUser20688

Well if I win i'll offer them the 200 Nuggets :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(I DID ALREADY STATE REMOVE ME FROM THE COMPETITION FOR USING A FAMOUS PERSON).

Hehe, okay that was funny.

In all seriousness though, I want to make it clear that I'm not pointing out all this stuff about copyright to chastise people. More so, I'm trying to get people to just use their own stuff! In the end, that's really the main issue.

So just because your work is "removed" does not mean you are removed. Just make another design.

DeletedUser

Oh why not, I haven't posted in the competitions for a while (years? ^^)now. Here's my entry:
wantedposterthewest.jpg

Everything made from scratch. Kid drawn with pencil and paper, everything else was made in CS5. No stocks used.

I might edit it later if I find the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.