July/August 2011 Contest: Design a Wanted Poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hmmm, so we're not allowed to use graphics from the internet (from Google Images)?

DeletedUser

You're allowed, as long as it's stock images (with permissions indicated), used by permission, creative commons, or public domain. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it taboo.

DeletedUser

Finally a contest I can mosey on back and enter! :D

Here's mine!

wanted__just_dead_by_bbboz-d42h0nb.jpg

*Looks around for a second and vanishes to whence she came.*
:whistle:

DeletedUser

Am not... :blink:

(My second, and less serious entry)

fruit_theif_by_bbboz-d42to9u.jpg

Waka waka waka...

*Looks around for a second and vanishes to whence she came... again* :whistle:

DeletedUser

my go at it

I hope this meets all the requirements and restrictions. I signed my poster by using my ingame name in the image itself but i dunno if that makes it obtrusive or not. please let me know if i need to change anything. thanks.

*edit:
Created using Paint Shop Pro 9 (9.0.0) today (03 Aug 2011)
Image is owned by me as I am the photographer and the subject
I can try to name all the fonts if you want. They either came with the program or were obtained via 1001Fonts and specified as free.

poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31859

I last thing i need to ask. can i use the photo of a persons from a game and he is not present in real life? just a character of a game.......really important...please answer quickly...

DeletedUser

Alright, updated my original poster. The original I used Mick Jagger's face, which is against the rules. New face, everything else pretty much the same (very minor cosmetic changes other than new face). Once again, from scratch.

hellstromm-poster2.jpg

DeletedUser20688

I last thing i need to ask. can i use the photo of a persons from a game and he is not present in real life? just a character of a game.......really important...please answer quickly...

John, unfortunately no. That image is most likely copyrighted. However, images generated via the new avatar system in The West are allowed.

It's too bad that feature came about late in the game in terms of this contest.

DeletedUser31859

Okay. I am putting my poster orgo. check and see that the wanted person I put is copyrighted or not....soon you will see my poster. and even if it is copyrighted, i dont think the face is being seen so please allow me. i dont have a better persons than him :D

DeletedUser31859

hey orgo. I have edited my post and i have put the poster. check and see if i am allowed or not. fast! :D:D:D

DeletedUser

Umm, why don't you just tell him where you obtained the pic(s) instead of forcing him to search for it on the net.

DeletedUser31859

nothing serious. he is just someone who is not in the real world. allowed or not? please orgo, if yes, then more than awesome and if no, i will change it(but i dont have something better than this). if yes, then i better develop this poster........

DeletedUser

nothing serious. he is just someone who is not in the real world. allowed or not? please orgo, if yes, then more than awesome and if no, i will change it(but i dont have something better than this). if yes, then i better develop this poster........

That means it is someone's creation. If that someone does not work for Inno and did not create that image for Inno, then I don't think it is allowed. If that someone created it specially for you to use it for this contest, then it should be fine. But I would still not accept it, as it should be your own creation and you should not be rewarded for someone else's work. While you see this as an opportunity to win something while doing anything possible to win, others see this contest as an opportunity to show their talent and creativity. If you do not posses those 2, then do not expect to win. You miss the whole point of this contest, you need to be able to create something by yourself following the guidelines. Others have already successfully done all that without any kind of issues.

DeletedUser31859

You are wrong. I did everything myself. I have used 2 softwares for making it. Ok then I am using this person :D

DeletedUser24716

My wanted poster :
Its ok Orgo?

f9gl0n.jpg

DeletedUser

Okay. I am putting my poster orgo. check and see that the wanted person I put is copyrighted or not....soon you will see my poster. and even if it is copyrighted, i dont think the face is being seen so please allow me. i dont have a better persons than him :D

hey orgo. I have edited my post and i have put the poster. check and see if i am allowed or not. fast! :D:D:D

You are wrong. I did everything myself. I have used 2 softwares for making it. Ok then I am using this person :D

If you did "everything" yourself, why the need to ask if you can use the "person"?! The centerpiece of your entry ("the person"), is obviously not your creation. And if the person who made it did not give you permission to use it, it can only mean one thing. Of course, is Orgo who will give you the final answer, I am merely trying to explain to you how this works. I am not saying you didn't do everything else yourself, I am just saying that you are using someone else's work without permission and that is "the person", in your own words someone who is not in the real world. You wouldn't ask if you could use it if you made it yourself.

DeletedUser

If you did "everything" yourself, why the need to ask if you can use the "person"?!

I can't help but wonder if language isn't the problem here. I wondered myself about the figure in mine - he isn't a person of this world, but he's also not someone else's creation. Is someone a celebrity just because his/her image is highly recognized, even if it isn't a real person?

DeletedUser

wanted01.png

Mine....:)

*Disclaimer: Any resemblance to person, person's name, living or dead is purely coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.