RPG - Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

James knew Peril was always good on his word. He grabbed the man hid him behind a small quarry of rocks and shot the ground, making it look like to all of them he killed the man."There! Another dead man! By war's end, we'll all be dead!"

*PS: 2nd post after this skips to Gettysburg*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Nice try James!" Jack pulled on his horses regins and Peril's Purgatory headed towards Gettysburg, and victory!

DeletedUser

Two years later....

James was fighting hard. His cavalry brigade was almost destroyed, Peril and only his sergeants were the only survivors of his division, and the battle was ending at Gettysburg.They were both placed on the front lines. James and Peril and reconciled and the prisoner was thrown into jail at Richmond and has been in their ever since. James was bleeding like crazy. His face scarred, sword marks penetrated his arm, and his hat was blown to pieces."The battles over...." James said as he was hit by a bullet from a musket. His vision was fading. He heard someone screaming. He heard William,Peril, and Maryland running to help Him. Light was gone by the time any got over. "It's over for us......damn Union........"All James heard now was "RETREAT RETREAT!!!!" and then....it went blank

DeletedUser

James woke up in a bed in a dark room. Where was he?
"Good morning sunshine." said a voice in the farrest corner of the room.
James tried to look but his head and neck hurt and he almost fainted. The man walked to the bed and a ray of sunlight ran over his face. Can't be! Westwoods?
Westwoods grinned. "I know what you are thinking...what the hell is this place...Well you're in a P.O.W camp...I found you on the battlefield after the Confederates retreated. You were hardly alive but our doc fixed you up..." James still looked confused. "Why..." his throath was soar. "Why i helped you? Not for what you did with my arm i didn't! I still can't hold something for very long with it. Remember 2 years ago. The Union soldier that you saved from a certain death? He's my youngest brother and alltough he's rottin in jail he's still alive thanks to you. So...I have to thank you." Westwoods sat down on a chair and looked in James eyes. "When you feel better and if your fit enough I'll let you go. That i owe you. After that...well...maybe the war will end and you can buy me a drink or two. Westwoods laughed. "Now get some rest. Nobody will bother you. You can have my word. The word of one officer to another." Westwoods stood up and walked out of the room leaving James astonished.

DeletedUser

James sat their thinking. He yelled out to Westwood before he left. "Two questions. Your brother looks like Peril and where's everyone? My brother, Maryland, Peril, and everyone else?"

DeletedUser

Westwoods turned. "None of them are here I'm sure. So my best guess is that they're still alive and they retreated, not able to take you with them in heat of battle, that's when I found you. I never forget an enemy...maybe i wasn't so generous if it was Jack and not you who layed their on the battlefield." He rested his hand on the doorknob. "Why my brother looks like Peril I can't give you an answer. For what I know is that we're not related with that man."

DeletedUser

Two days later......

William was flipping through an old history book. He knew James was picked up by the Union. But didn't know what had happened to him. William stopped on a certain page when it caught his eye. He saw a picture of an old family photo in there. On the back of it it said, "Jack, Westwood, Uncle Robert, Dad, and Me". It showed a younger Peril, Westwood, and another boy that he couldn't identify. They were all wrapped in baby cloth and it hit William like a whisky bottle in a bar fight. "They're......triplets........" William ran outside to find Peril as he waved the photo to him. "Peril! Peril!"

DeletedUser

Peril looked at the photo before tearing it out of the photo album and throwing it to the ground. Jack turned abruptly and stamped through the mud and rain to where his horse stood waiting, he mounted up and rode off without a backwards glance.

DeletedUser

William had finally had it with Peril's attitude. "Every time someone brings up your family, you snap! I want to know what your problem is! My brother's life might depend on this!"

DeletedUser

Peril turned, his boots causing the mud under his feet to slurp noisly, "Where do you think i'm going?"

the rain came down in sheats now, the raindrops beating down on Peril's hat, beading off in great torrents. "Come with me if you want your brother to live, but he's not my brother."

DeletedUser

Westwoods often came to visit the wounded James. He brought books to read in case James got bored. He made sure James was healing well. He grew fond of the "Reb" officer. One day Westwoods came in and James was sitting on the bed smoking a cigar. (Compliments of Sergeant Johnson)
"How do you feel today?"

DeletedUser

"Eh better. I've been hearing the war reports and the newspaper says Gettysburg was the turning point. You still might win the war," James said as he flipped through a copy of a few stories by Edgar Allen Poe. James heard a yell outside from an officer, "Sir, we have two Confederate officers under a flag of truce. They said their looking for Colonel James."

DeletedUser

Jack sighed heavily as he flag he held flapped in the wind, he looked over to William "I swear if this gets us killed I'll never forgive you."

DeletedUser

James, on his crutches walked over to Peril and William. "Well guys thanks. But I'm kinda stuck here for a bit and you are too. I'm too weak to get on a horse and they are going into battle," James said as he threw his cigar onto the ground.

William takes out a torn picture and passes it to Westwood before Peril can slap it away. "The picture says you, another man, and Peril are triplets. You propally will deny it, but you can't forge that. That's an exact picture of Robert Huner when I met him when I was a child. You, the man that looks like Peril, and Peril are triplets or brothers."

DeletedUser

Westwoods looked at the photo. A gentle smile on his face.
It had been a long time since he'd seen it. It made him remember happy times...and also...
"Long time no see...traitor" Westwoods looked at Jack. Fire burning in his eyes.
"you know I have something for you...for old times sake..." Westwoods drew his gun and pointed it at Jack. He looks into the eyes of the other, Jack stared coldly back.
"Sir, remember they came with a banner of truce. We have to respect that." sergeant Johnson laid his hand on Westwoods shoulder. Westwoods still looked angry but withdrew his gun. "You're right sergeant...How foolish of me..."
The sergeant sighed.
"What do you want here? I reckon y'all came for Colonel James? Don't you worry...I'll let him go back as soon he's in a fit state to ride a horse...I promise you that."
He looked dirty to Jack.
James was puzzled.

DeletedUser

James was puzzled. He stood their and watched as Peril did something totaly unexpected.......

DeletedUser

Swinging his fist in a wide-arch, he struck Westwood in the side of the face, feeling the crack of his jaw as it cumpled under the power of Jack's attack..

DeletedUser

Westwoods fell on the ground. His eyes wide open, hand on his jaw.
Sergeant Johnson stood their astonished.
Westwoods jumped up, ready to lunge at Peril but someone stopped him for taking a punch.

DeletedUser

William pulled out his revolver and James used his crutch as a tripping device. "Now Peril, that just went too far. Yeah we know, you hate your brother, but COME ON!!!!!! I thought this was a rescue mission. Not 'punch my brother in the face' time."

DeletedUser

"Long time since I felt that punch..." Westwoods spat blood on the ground.
"You had your fun...Now get out off my sight before I change my mind and put you under arrest to have a little fun of my own!
Don't think I forgot what you did to my legs!"
He ordered the soldiers to open the gates again.
He turned to walk away but stood still when he looked in James eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.