Paint artwork showoff!!!

DeletedUser

In this thread, you can post your artworks using only the Paint program ( for non Windows users, I don't know what program you are supposed to use). You must use only Paint and no using of editing software such as Photoshop. You can also make extra editing when you upload the image to Imageshack or Photobucket. The goal of this is to see your artistic talents.

DeletedUser

3459209895_1c748055f2.jpg

3459003419_80d637d642.jpg

DeletedUser

One more thing. It has to be of original idea. No copying from any publications. That would be cheating and unoriginal.

DeletedUser

well that is no fun:p
Why do you think Obama or Mick Jagger's fans will be happy to see what you just posted up there. I mean, come on, there has to be a challenge. where is your creativity??

DeletedUser

Paint is a crappy program
It may be crappy but the guy who manages to create a beautiful artwork from it is really an artist. How will you prove this to yourself? You can also use some editing from Photobucket or Imageshack so its not pure Paint madness.

DeletedUser

Wow Bill that's actually really good. It takes some talent to do that on paint. Ive never been to good at drawing myself but if you give me a coloring book Im pretty sure I can stay within the lines. :unsure:

DeletedUser

It may be crappy but the guy who manages to create a beautiful artwork from it is really an artist. How will you prove this to yourself? You can also use some editing from Photobucket or Imageshack so its not pure Paint madness.

Is it really that much harder to draw with a mouse using Paint than it is with another program? I'm sure I'll never consider myself to be an artist anyway, but I don't think I'll use being able to use Paint to be the deciding factor for me.

Nice picture you did, by the way. I've always done mainly people and animals, my landscapes are awful.

DeletedUser

I would strongly disagree with this argument. A crappy program limits a person's ability to demonstrate creativity.

But, whatever. Here's Paint as is:

crap.jpg

modified:

crap2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is dedicated to those of you who love nature. Now here is my little window to the garden of Eden, using Paint and Photobucket editing.

mod-1.jpg

DeletedUser

I would strongly disagree with this argument. A crappy program limits a person's ability to demonstrate creativity.

I have to disagree, Hellstromm. Creativity has nothing to do with the tools used, it's entirely from the mind of the artist. Minimalistic art is still art, and equally creative. Picasso's works could be recreated with Paint, does that make him any less creative?

DeletedUser

Using editing software makes some guys rely on that. There are already styles there that are pre-made and you just gonna have to apply to your artwork to make it look more stylish but that truth is that those styles are not original. Well in Paint, all you can do is fill color, erase, crop, spray, pencil and pick color. This allows you to use your imagination with very limited tools, unlike in Photoshop that there are so many styles (pre-made styles) and a vast number of editing tools available. I have to agree with Elymr.