Paint artwork showoff!!!

DeletedUser

I'm glad that those who have paid for my "original" pictures don't feel that a picture is only original if it's done on a free program.

DeletedUser

Remember Hellstom, I did this using only Paint and Photobucket editing.

mod-1.jpg

DeletedUser

I think Artemis' comment points out the fallacy of the argument.

But I'll admit, I took offense to Bill's comment, "It may be crappy but the guy who manages to create a beautiful artwork from it is really an artist." indicating that someone who uses 'other' programs, or who uses pen/pencil/brush, is not really an artist.

The crappy Paint program is like most any other program, in that you have to practice with it in order to produce something marginally attractive, and if you have good peripherals (like a tablet), all the better. I stopped using Paint decades ago, and have since relied on using quality programs that allow me to better express myself, without getting frustrated by limited tools. And I still strongly disagree on the notion of creativity being best expressed by the person who has to squeeze his talents through a quarter-inch hole. It merely results in constipation.

As to Picasso, Please don't judge creativity by Picasso's pop art. He virtually sold the idea of commercialized art. I think his later stuff is tripe (his earlier work was good). He made a name for himself and then went into making quick art for quick profits. That doesn't mean he was a good or bad artist, it means he was a good businessman. In fact, his business ethics in art are very popular now, especially with the ability to print on canvas and then paint with clear geclee.

DeletedUser

If it wasn't for Picasso, Elmyr de Hory wouldn't be (moderately) famous today, because he was the artist he forged most prolifically. :p

DeletedUser

Looking at the colors, the fading features, the smoothness plus my Photobucket and Paint experience, I am not convinced Helstomm.

DeletedUser

I am not convinced of what you just posted up there. There is no way you can make perfect curls, blending colors and perfectly flat colors with Paint.

DeletedUser

Hmm, you said we could use editing features of Photobucket, which I did.

DeletedUser

That's nice... :dry:

Paint
----- Lines
----- Shapes (squares/rectangles/circles/others)
----- Bucket Fill (all colors, fill all areas/overlaps different colors)

Photobucket
----- Edit - Distort - Twirl (used multiple times, clockwise and counterclockwise)
----- Distort - Pinches
----- Effects - Pop Art (focal area - partial fade)
----- Effects - Blur Edges
----- Decorate - Borders

DeletedUser

I have to agree that anyone who can get a great picture from Paint deserves a lot of credit for it. This is a simple effort, but it got too frustrating to finish (I don't like not being able to zoom in more than once).
paintcat.jpg

DeletedUser

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm very creative even if I did a picture entirely in Paint. I always have to be able to picture something in my mind (or look at something) to be able to draw or paint it. I think those who do abstracts and distorted perspective, etc. are much more creative since they are able to put down things that don't normally exist.

DeletedUser

I see no reason to doubt Hellstromm's work as I see no reason for him to "cheat". I also see no reason to keep going on about it.

DeletedUser

I believe Gordon's work but Hellstromm, he did mention something like "bucket fill" in Paint that he said can overlap colors. That's something I don't believe.