W11 Town & Player Awards

DeletedUser22493

True, ive never been a pure dueler. But I still don't think your right.

Let's buy 21 skill points. Same as 7 levels. Id say thats perhaps where you might begin to notice a small insignificant difference if placed right.
18+36+54+72+90+108+126+144+162+180+198+216+234+252+270+288+306+324+342+360+378 = 4158 nuggets. Thats allot for 21 SP.

Then, lets buy some attribute points. A bit more expensive (3 times more to be exact), but might be worth it if placed right. So, lets buy 7 levels worth of AP. (7 AP)
54+108+162+216+270+324+378= 1512 nuggets. Not too bad, but it's still only gonna cover 2 of the skills needed for dueling (not counting health). Health doesn't really make you a better dueler, just a more lasting one. So AP only counts as 2\3 for dueling.

So, all in all you get 20 SP and 7 AP (worth 14 SP), in total 34 points in dueling based skills for the sum of 5670 nuggets. Same as a 7 level difference. Would cost about 200 USD I think. And its still not "that big a difference".

So I think the whole "Buying SP\AP killed the game" is widely overrated. Even if a few bought enough to become superior, you still have 2341 people that doesn't spend that amount in a lifetime.

DeletedUser

There is always a duelling build that can beat yours build.
So, actually Rebow is right.
Buying skills for duelling doesn't worth it that much in order to make a difference.

DeletedUser

Pat Smith And another noob chips in with their opinion having dueled 10 times on W11!!!!!!!

You are both wrong, things might be different after the update but as it stands you are completley off base.
It might mean nothing, a few extra skills here and there farther down the food chain but at levels above 100 it makes a massive difference.

Lets say there are only a handful of people you can duel because of your high level and most of those are melee/resist, they have a toughness of 400ish, no good against ranged but who cares? there are only a couple of ranged duelers to worry about. You are losing because your dodge/appearance build doesn't allow you to get enough skills into vigor to combat their toughness. You don't want to take any out of aim for sure, you already don't have as much as you would like in that skill. You don't want to take any out of dodge/appearance, you can't risk a resist hitting you another couple of times in a duel, your vigor is 390, you get hit for 250+hp per shot but can only inflict around 60 hp on them per shot. What do you do? You buy 12 SP's, put them in vigor, giving you more vigor than their toughness and all of a sudden you can hit them 190+ hp per shot, of course you are dodge/appearance so the resist dueler can only hit you maybe 2, 3 or 4 times per duel, you can hit them 6, 7 or 8, suddenly you are winning.

This happens on all the skill buying worlds, that's why W11 is the only world I play where you can buy skills and I'm only playing this world until a skill buyer overtakes me in the duel ranking.

DeletedUser

When you are judging my duelling experience and knowledge from a world where i am a pure trader, i think i will pass. You deserve to swim in the void. :laugh:

DeletedUser

When you are judging my duelling experience and knowledge from a world where i am a pure trader, i think i will pass. You deserve to swim in the void. :laugh:

So what worlds do you duel on? I judge as I find and you have no experience in dueling as far as I can see, do you duel on Arizona, Brisco or W12? Where skill buying is allowed. No you don't do you!!! :p

So you have no right to have an opinion on what skill buying does to dueling. When you can tell me you have reached a level in dueling on a world where you can buy skills, where allocating your skills correctly is the difference between beating those duelers in the top 20 or losing I might listen. Anyone can have an opinion when their dueling level is lower and have 100's of potential victims, and most of them will not be duelers but that tells you nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Some people just have to have an opinion on everything, even though they are completely clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

You've still failed to mention people that's been buying skills in such a degree to make a difference.

DeletedUser

You've still failed to mention people that's been buying skills in such a degree to make a difference.

I don't want to name and shame, do some research.
It does not matter what you think, I have been there, I have experienced skill buying first hand, you are not in a position to disagree, you have not been in the top dueling rank and have not had experience as to what happens, you can argue as much as you like but like I said get in the top of the dueling rank, duel real duelers and then make an opinion.

DeletedUser22493

Well, if you don't care to back up your arguments, then im going to assume your just blaming the skill buying on your losses.

DeletedUser

Well, if you don't care to back up your arguments, then im going to assume your just blaming the skill buying on your losses.

Oh please, just look at my record before you make stupid comments like that, I have lost 683 duels on this world, do you really think losing is a problem to me? how many of those do you think happened before skill buying was an option? I'll tell you, at least 50%, you can keep huffing and bluffing your argument but the FACT remains you do NOT have the experience to comment about dueling and skill buying.

I've backed up my argument re-read this post or have you just ignored it?

"Pat Smith And another noob chips in with their opinion having dueled 10 times on W11!!!!!!!

You are both wrong, things might be different after the update but as it stands you are completley off base.
It might mean nothing, a few extra skills here and there farther down the food chain but at levels above 100 it makes a massive difference.

Lets say there are only a handful of people you can duel because of your high level and most of those are melee/resist, they have a toughness of 400ish, no good against ranged but who cares? there are only a couple of ranged duelers to worry about. You are losing because your dodge/appearance build doesn't allow you to get enough skills into vigor to combat their toughness. You don't want to take any out of aim for sure, you already don't have as much as you would like in that skill. You don't want to take any out of dodge/appearance, you can't risk a resist hitting you another couple of times in a duel, your vigor is 390, you get hit for 250+hp per shot but can only inflict around 60 hp on them per shot. What do you do? You buy 12 SP's, put them in vigor, giving you more vigor than their toughness and all of a sudden you can hit them 190+ hp per shot, of course you are dodge/appearance so the resist dueler can only hit you maybe 2, 3 or 4 times per duel, you can hit them 6, 7 or 8, suddenly you are winning.

This happens on all the skill buying worlds, that's why W11 is the only world I play where you can buy skills and I'm only playing this world until a skill buyer overtakes me in the duel ranking."

DeletedUser16628

Buying skills makes a big difference after level 100 as J.B said.I think that on w-13 I bought lots and it made a huge difference between the havs and hav nots then those that just have no idea.I have pretty much become semi retired just have no time for the game right now.mostly playing w-15 colorado and looking to duel soon.